itunes question on new computer

I downloaded the songs then itunes folder watch to get them in the library.
Thankfully it seemed to all work well although I did lose the playlists but at this point I am happy for what I was able to save.

Thanks again for the help guys.

OK next question :)…

I just downloaded a bunch of songs on my wifes mp3 player and they won’t play, I am guessing because it is not an apple.
How do I “convert” them to mp3?
Seriously WTF? I just want to play songs, I am not designing rockets, does it need to be like this? lol
Thank God every car company doesn’t have their own fuel. lol
CDs were simple, is this reserve evolution - betamax?
Thanks again.

what is the extension on the files?

to convert to mp3, open itunes, select a whole bunch of files, and then right click, click ‘create mp3 version’

Step 1: Give computer to someone under 30 and step away…

You can use iTunes… but check what file format it is in first

if they were purchased through itunes or something, they are probably .AAC or w/e

Yep this is the apple lossless codec, they’re either that or probably m4a. I personally use dBpoweamp for everything I convert. I have a perfectly good working condition of the latest version if you need it. Also if the songs are in the library and won’t play, as they won’t start at all, that is most likely a sound card issue. Make sure you have the drivers right, exit out of iTunes then reopen it. If the songs play but there is no sound or if the sound card is fine but the track doesn’t start then that could be a header issue. See my previous post on fixing that.

apple lossless is .alc