i've been dreading this phone call for a while, but it actually made my day!

got a call today from the guy rebuilding my engine. its all done and the final cost he came up with was $1300, which is about $1100 less than he originally quoted me. i was really worried that this was gonna end up costing me even more than the original price, but this was quite a pleasent suprise.

so heres what i ended up getting for $1300:
-all new gaskets (obviously)
-block magnafluxed and honed (he said the bore was very good even for 59,000 miles)
-re-machined the crank (he said it actually wasnt bad at all and didnt even really need oversized bearings to make it work)
-all new rods
-cylender heads machined down (cuz they were warped pretty bad)
-re-conditioned pistons
-new piston rings
-new timing chain and gear set
-new oil pump
-he took all the lifters apart and checked them over and they were all fine
-checked all the specs on the cam and it was fine
-new valves and valve seats
-new valve springs and retainers or whatever they’re called (i kno what they are just having a brain fart on the name lol)
-said the wristpins had a minimal ammount of play in them but they should be fine

a lot of people were giving me shit that i got fucked over on the price and that i should have done it myself to save money, but for all that work and parts, i think $1300 is a good deal and this way i know its done right. basically all i have to do is bolt the transmission back up to it, bolt my headers on, put the intake manifold on (which still has the fuel rail, injectors and throttle body still attatched) and it will be ready to drop in. i think since i have the room and ability to slide it straight in, im gonna try and put as many of the pullys and accessories back on before it goes in. im going to get it friday so i should have some pics up then of what it looks like now (just for the hell of it)

not bad, u saved urself a bunch of money by pulling the motor urself. u should be able to get a pretty good amount for ur truck. good luck with it.

congratz man

Great price even if it only last another 30k itd be worth it

Not bad at all. Back when I was more clueless than I am now :stuck_out_tongue: I’ve paid more than half that price for less than half that work/parts.

as long as it holds out untill i sell it thats all that really matters to me right now. he actually told me that the crank wasnt nearly as bad as he originally thought, so he said (once its broken in) i cna beat the piss out of it and it should be just fine. im gonna take it easy anyway just to play it safe though.

:tup:

great news man :tup:

:tup:

Since it was $1100 less you should have gotten a cam, headers some spray to even out the difference.

im selling it when its done anyway so i was trying to do this as cheap as possible.