i've had a recent epiphany.....

a little bit of a myspace blog i just made (this also somewhat justifies the sale of my truck and mayb make people think im not as dumb as i usually come across) :

"well, i have made the final decision regarding my truck…im gonna sell it, or at least try to. im not sure if i really am gonna end up getting a Trans Am in the near future or not, but i think this is the best thing for me to do right now. i feel like having such a large debt is really holding me back from a lot of things. the more i think about it, the more i think im ready to leave Buffalo, as in i think i may want to go away to school next year. I feel like theres nothing here anymore, and i’m ready for new surroundings, new people, and new places. the friends i have here are great, but most of them are only here in the summer anyway. the ones that do hang around all year and that i hang out with on a regular basis, i will miss. a lot. but i think the positive things of going away to school for half of the year seem to out weigh the bennifits of staying here. basically it comes down to this: i have a debt, which is my very expensive car. i need to work to pay that off. because i need to work, im locked in to satying here. for whatever reason, i have this thing where i have to have everything done and have everything i want NOW. i gotta stop and realize that now is the time where i need to be out experienceing new things, meeting new people, and preparing for the rest of life. for some reason i never quite made that high school to college transistion, and im still kinda living with the high school attitude and mentality. I need to realize that while i want that Trans Am now, i have my whole life ahead of me to have it. All my friends have nice cars and everything, and i want to ‘be like them’ and be in the cool guy, but deep down inside i kno that while in really do want those things, i need to really be focusing on other areas of life right now, and having my ‘toys’ will have its time and place in my life. i cant make up my mind what i want to do, where i want to go, or what i want to make out of life. i have to change that and start making some plans and stick with them. hell if i did that, i’d have that damn Trans Am by now AND have it paid for a long time ago haha. i need to stop looking at things as ‘now’ and start looking at the big picture and relaizng that (unlike some of my more fortunate friends) i cant start out on top. school is not my #1 priority right now, and it hasnt been. that needs to change and i need to put everything car-related on the back burner for a few years and find some way to deal with it. if i keep going the way i am, im gonna end up in one of 2 situations:

1. I’ll be the Van Wilder of UB, but living at home and not having near the social status or the ammenities he had
  2. working a shitty minimum wage job when im like 25, and either still living at home or living in some shitty apartment with no saving in the bank. but i’ll have that fuckin sweet car though!

i really need to step up to the plate here and start acting more responsible for my life. hell im almost 20 and i serriously still feel like im 17. thats gotta change and i need to start living and acting like im 20 and start taking responsibility for myself. times are gonna be a changing…"

there was a part in the middle i drpooed out about if i go away to school or even if i dont, im gonna end up driving some pice of crap car for a few years, and i KNOW im gonna be miserable about it, but i gotta put all that aside and realize that there will be a time and place for me to have my toys. and that Trans Am WS6 will make one hell of a nice “graduation present to self.” other than that, i just felt the need to share that fairly large moment of insight i had, and hopefully i can hold true to alot of what i said.

I don’t suppose that large moment of insight could be broken down into smaller bite sized chunks. :slight_smile:

And yes, proper priorities are a good start.

Haha, I agree with fuzzyfish. Although your intentions were good, that post was a compositional train-wreck.

I struggled to read it.

But do what you got to do to be happy and enjoy life. It’s too short to be unhappy.

oh good lord

if i hear you change what car you intend to buy one more time…

seriously… these threads are stupider then mine.

this is more about me deciding i want to leave buffalo and do something different and get off my ass and make my education my top priority. sellin the truck just happens to be one of the first steps in order to acomplish this.

do what you gotta do :tup:

plus bitches dig degrees

oh wait

no they just like money which is frequently accompanied by a degree

TRUTH.

edit: but :tup: to realizing school’s more important.

cliff notes?

i’m not reading all that shit

but if it has something to do with you deciding you want another car or changing your mind again, permaban

What about deciding to sell a truck?

SELL THE FUCKER ALREADY!!! lol.

well, at least now you know what alot of us have been trying to tell you. :tup: on your decision. and defintaley do everything you can to keep the option of getting the hell out of buffalo possible. this place has a spot in my heart, and ive met alot of great people here, but this city doesnt have much to offer anymore and not alot of activities to do…i find myself wanting to leave asap as well, but i need to finish my degree first. hold yourself to your list of goals there, and dont look back. one day you will feel really good about all of this.

for whatever reason, this city just isnt doing it for me anymore. i’ve been here my whole life, and like focusinprogress said, the place will always have a special place in my heart, and im gonna miss my friends that are around, but i’ll be back all summer. and to be honest, i dont even really wanna go that far away…just far enough but close enough where i can jump in the car and come home for a weekend or a day or something like that. i also think it will be easier for me to focus on school without having all of the distractions that are around here.

truck = redneck

pcar = mad pussy

skunk leaving blo sad. u leaving blo ehhhhhhh. make a decision and stick to it mood swings

Dont fall in love with automobiles.

Driving a POS now is a good thing for alot of reasons,mainly because in a few years from now when you plan on getting a T/A you can find it for an 1/8th of todays KBB.:lol:

Die Hard: With a Vengeance is on TV right now.

sorry dude but comparing yourself to possibly being van wilder at UB is sad

word of advice- if you leave buffalo to go to school, do some research on the school and the degree courses. Think long and hard about every aspect.

another word of advice- sell the truck, get out of debt, buy shitty car, go to school locally, live off of parents til the hard part is over with, and get your feet/head straight. But anyone can tell you what you should do. Truth is you’re gonna do what you wanna, and life will take you in the direction it chooses

Dude your 20, and sound alot like me a year or two ago, ive been at 4 different schools in 2.5 years, but im still in a school and still workin at a degree. YOU DONT want a shitty job for 40+ years… Sounds to me like you’ll be in school one way or another, and everyone on here will tell you its a good idea to get a degree. You’re squat these days without one

this is deffinately not something i am going to rush into. I know what i want to do, and i intend on going somewhere that has a reputable program for that field. i’m gonna do a lot of research on different schools as well as the areas around the schools and find somehwere that i can get a good education in my desired field and be happy living wherever i end up.

o and my Van Wilder refference was more to refference that i’d be in school for 7 or 8 years and have no idea what i want to do, etc.

OT: How do I block someone’s posts from here on out? I know it can be done.

add to ignore list in their profiles