IVOAC.CA Imported Vehicles Owner's Assocation of Canada

“the new site is up, there is no info yet but all are encouraged to come register.
we will be using this site for all factual information pertaining to imported vehicle issues. if we do not have the answer we will let you know.
this site is will also be used to generate interest and support for the “fight for what is right” our effort to keep the 15-year rule in effect.
it will also be a place where you can post up information dealing with the DOT/SAE “E” issues.
rumours can be posted and we will search to find the answer. if it results in just being a rumour then we will confirm that as well.
the more that participate in the forum, the more facts we can get posted up.
we have a committee of 8 persons that will donate time and energy to try and confirm or deny.
the moto is “separating fact from rumour” …
welcome”

this was copied from another forum. Sorry if this is a repost but I feel it’s an important topic concerning most of us.

www.ivoac.ca

I’m very concerned. I want my Series 1 Elise in 2011!

I’m concerned as well. If something happens to my 240, I’ll most likely replace it with a 180SX.

qoute-“Theres been rumours floating around for months but apparently Transport Canada as now confirmed their intentions. They have begun to show activity in the process of converting from 15 year to 25 year old import law. This is expected to come into play in spring 2007”

Best of luck fighting that shit!

this site may also be used to track all imported car owners, so please include all your info including license plate numbers and home address, this is good to keep tabs on all imported car owners because 80% of RHD vehicles do not obey any street laws.

• sounds sketchy

asking for your license plate number is legit in this situation. We’re fighting against a government branch, so in order to put up an acceptable arguement you need FACTS to support. Plate numbers help identify a person with a particular car and help the community verify whether that car is legal or not. Transport Canada can take those plates provided and compare them to the registry. You see how this all falls together?thanks for any support guys!

Again, all this says is “trust us, there’s activity”. Where did Transport Canada confirm their intentions? What’s this “activity”, and how do you know it’s expected to come into play in spring 2007? It’s just more rumors until you state a reliable source.

I am just conveying the message… This information comes straight from the onwer and operator of GtrCanada.com… I cant see any reason for him to make this up.

You’re right… I can’t think of a reason either… :roll:

http://www.ivoac.ca/pn/index.php?module=PayPalCart&cid=1

Yeah this seems somewhat questionable. Is there a person or branch at Transport Canada or the so called insurance council that we could talk to in regards to this? Or is it “Double Omega Top Secret Underground”?

I cant say for sure whether or not this is some kind of “underground scam”. I am only helping to convey the message. We all know at this rate the 25 year rule is inevitable. Although i don believe the spring 07’ assumption is a ways off. For hard evidence i’d contact the guys running ivoac.ca

For hard evidence, I’d call Transport Canada or RIV. Anything else is rumor.

This is an actual email!

any interest in working with us on a petition ( actual signatures) look here: http://forums.gtrcanada.com/viewtopic.php?t=12867
thanks for the support

From: M.C.(editted by ivoac.ca admins) [mailto:XXXXX@tc.gc.ca]
Sent: Friday, January 19, 2007
To: XXXXXXX@shaw.ca
Subject: RE: CCMTA Website - Contact Us page

Sir,

As mentioned by Mr. Claude Roy, consultations are part of the rulemaking process in the Federal government. The government has consulted with the CCMTA, which represents the provinces, territories and Federal Government.

Transport Canada is now preparing documentation to change the 15 year rule to 25 years, which will be submitted for ministerial approval. The anticipated timeframe for submission of the documentation to the minister’s office is spring 2007. Once the minister signs off on the proposal, the proposed amendment will be sent to Treasury Board for review and Privy Council for approval. Subsequently, publication of the draft amendment will appear in the Canada Gazette Part 1, and a 75 day comment period will be given so that the public can provide comments. Information on how to submit comments will be included in the publication. Comments would then be addressed prior to passing any legislation and publishing in the Canada Gazette Part 11. Publishing in the Canada Gazette Part 1 is anticipated this year, and could also be as early as the spring.

In regards to the 15 year rule, it was originally implemented to allow an exemption for the importation of collectible vehicles for hobby and occasional use. At that time, as most of the vehicles 15 years old and older being imported were typically collectors items, 15 years was considered to be an acceptable age limit for exemption. As the number of 15 year old vehicles being imported for every day use has increased, the government along with the CCMTA no longer consider 15 years to be adequate.

I hope this helps. If you have any further questions, they can be forwarded directly to me.
Regards,
M.C (editted by ivoac.ca admin), P.Eng.,
Standards and Regulations Division

This is an actual email!

any interest in working with us on a petition ( actual signatures) look here: http://forums.gtrcanada.com/viewtopic.php?t=12867
thanks for the support

From: M.C.(editted by ivoac.ca admins) [mailto:XXXXX@tc.gc.ca]
Sent: Friday, January 19, 2007
To: XXXXXXX@shaw.ca
Subject: RE: CCMTA Website - Contact Us page

Sir,

As mentioned by Mr. Claude Roy, consultations are part of the rulemaking process in the Federal government. The government has consulted with the CCMTA, which represents the provinces, territories and Federal Government.

Transport Canada is now preparing documentation to change the 15 year rule to 25 years, which will be submitted for ministerial approval. The anticipated timeframe for submission of the documentation to the minister’s office is spring 2007. Once the minister signs off on the proposal, the proposed amendment will be sent to Treasury Board for review and Privy Council for approval. Subsequently, publication of the draft amendment will appear in the Canada Gazette Part 1, and a 75 day comment period will be given so that the public can provide comments. Information on how to submit comments will be included in the publication. Comments would then be addressed prior to passing any legislation and publishing in the Canada Gazette Part 11. Publishing in the Canada Gazette Part 1 is anticipated this year, and could also be as early as the spring.

In regards to the 15 year rule, it was originally implemented to allow an exemption for the importation of collectible vehicles for hobby and occasional use. At that time, as most of the vehicles 15 years old and older being imported were typically collectors items, 15 years was considered to be an acceptable age limit for exemption. As the number of 15 year old vehicles being imported for every day use has increased, the government along with the CCMTA no longer consider 15 years to be adequate.

I hope this helps. If you have any further questions, they can be forwarded directly to me.
Regards,
M.C (editted by ivoac.ca admin), P.Eng.,
Standards and Regulations Division