japan imports

92’ FD’s are just silly cheap… avg. lot or private sale ( which is usually more then auction ), is $2500 - $4500 for a well taken care of FD. Hell on my site I’ve got a R32 pushing ~780 hp selling for $15k…

What kills you is the vendor markup ( in some cases over 40% ) and all the shipping costs/taxs/tarrifs incurred. to get it on the street here.

//\ interesting… screw the vendor markup! lol, however, i thought the FD’s started production here in 93, not 92…

91/11 in Japan is the first build month… they did not ship to North America till the start of the 93’ model year

ahhhh… makes sense.
p.s. i visited your site, nicely done on both the work and site

BigBlueR32 you’re repping japaneseimports.ca??? who are you? not gabe? have i seen you at the shop before?

Sento-san what do you do? do you import cars too?

We do custom fabrications for people who want what bolt ons won’t/can’t give them. Also I’ve been importing higher end Japanese parts for the last 7 years…

///\ what about tools? i’m looking to buy some tools, but i’m not sure where to look… tools that you can’t get from crappy tire, lol

Don’t know if we’ve meet only been @ the shop for about 3 weeks…

BigBlueR32: oh i see i see lol… well im anthony one of gabes good buddies. ill stop by the shop sometime again soon.

sento-san where are you located? if you have a shop/store i’d love to come check it out…

I’m in Innisfil PM/MSN for directions as I’m mostly ’ by appointment/refferal only ’

AnDrEw, here has had work done by me as well as a few other older guys from West-D/SON You can check my references with them.

Battle Auto has a small X section of my work up.

A well taken care of FD for $2500? I’m sorry but that is not possible. I was looking for an FD last year, and ones that were well taken care of were around $10k-$15k.

Be careful when quoting prices like that, there is a lot of myths and misinformation surrounding how much stuff costs in Japan.

dude… your walking a sharp edge… don’t even think to call me a liar or accuse me of misinforming… In case you chose NOT to read or chose to avoid mentally processing what you read… I’ve have a very good friend who IS Japanese, living in Fukuoka, In the automotive aftermarket business, who has been price charting for me for the last 18+ months.

I’m sure there are more expensive 92’ FD’s In Japan then what I’ve quoted. However Given the FD was produced for Japan in to 02’… By your ‘pricing’ the deflationary value would make the 02 worth 8x what it was new? Not hardly, a good condition 92’ FD is worth in the range of $2400 to $4500… maybe a bit more depending on whats on it…

I’ve got a 780hp+ GTR32 For Sale on my website for $15K… and that’s only because the guy selling in Japan wants too much for it over there… it’s overpriced For Japan.

If your trying to start an antagonistic relationship with me, then your well on the road to doing just that…

$18+k? for a 26b!.. No disrespect to you, but you must be thinking of fab’ing and working on every bit of the build…
In reality it would be $30+k (+ 2-3k) for a 20b install into an 93+FD, if your not doing the work yourself. I know because I have priced them out for a previous ride…:frowning:
If you can quote me a 26b swap into a '93 FD for ($18k +/- $5k) i will look to buy one now(FD) and be the first one to your shop with cash in hand. (as long as you would guarantee your work with warranty)

Rz33:)

I believe dBNR32 was referring to pricing here in the GTA. If he was I would have to agree with him on the price.
Your pricing is in reference to the Japanese market.

And IMO, your prices are unrealistic in these post F&F days…

Rz33:)

barring details that need to clarified … done.

Fabrication IS my business BTW.

Although $30k may be a valid number however depending on what you see included in the swap as a final product. My pricing was based on a 26B, P ported, NA, FI.

… considering that the FD was produced for 10 years in large volume and this is the first year they are available to the Canadian market the F&F ‘craze’ has very little if anything to do with the FD in particular. rotaries will always be low volume import compared to the production numbers available in Japan. J-specimports alone has quoted 6+ FD’s landed for under $10K in the months leading up to NOV’s release…

eg:http://www.j-specimports.ca/index.php?page=list/index.php?PHPSESSID=91a0e401fb861db31b626d52b28c59d3

Personally I think the GTR buyers / market has shone an overly inflated pricing structure on the costs to ship and buy performance sports cars from japan.