JAYJAY: where yaz at (((((s4)))))

celtic boy had a worked evo 9 and now has a scoobie

I would assume I’m Celtic boy…and I also kinda know what I’m talking about :ponder

Benny - working on setting up another dyno day with Seth, trying to make sure we can accomodate everyone so that they have enough time to get their cars ready for the season.

Vot - keep your eyes open for the next dyno day I host at Moon Performance. I’ve been able to set it up so dyno runs with wideband and all are around $60 which includes lunch and drinks while you’re there. Plus, it’s a blast to drive up and through Lake Placid.

Worked Evo VIII, Evo IX, STI (current), Elise, and for the VAG vans my Schrick/Milltek/Supersprint/VF Engineering powered R32

thats not too bad for stock S4. 170-185 are common ranges for them based on gas, dyno, and elements… the thing about the S4’s is the small responsive turbos. although commonly deceptive in, they are quick cars if kept in the efficiency range of the k03’s… but like most german cars, they are built to go fast, not 1/4mile race. a chipped/exhaust S4 might run low 13s, but on the highway they are alot faster than a 1/4 mile number might say…

justin you had an elise?

^ Well said…customers ask me all the time at my office why their Corvette is faster than the 911 they’re looking at from 0-60 and in the standing 1/4 mile…then I take them through the twisty roads and on the highway…then they understand what they’re buying. German cars are built to a different standard and are a different kind of fast than what a lot of people think about when they discuss “fast”.

you dont say… how’d you like that mivec? ive seen my share of 03-06 evo’s and done a large amount of work on them

05 HRM Elise in Saffron Yellow…all metal pieces anodized black (even wheels)…here’s a pic of it

MIVEC is a great tool when tuning the car, gives the tuner a lot more options even though it’s only on the intake side. I was able to make 330whp/370wtq on my IX w/ just intake/exhaust/meth and ran 12.0 @ 113. On the 30R it put down 407/379 (also added an exhaust cam…used stock mivec intake cam).

What work have you done on Evo’s? I tune them (I’ve tuned several in the area) and BoxerSix has built every one that I know of that’s around. Including all the work on my VIII and IX.

Nice! never seen your R32 before… ever ran that at the valley?

i used to live in the PNW, and myself, and my roomate have done alot of cam, valvesping,retainer, headstud jobs and a couple clutches. some 10.5 hotside upgrades on the 03 cars. my roommates 05 did 431hp/403tq at Torque Freaks, with hks 280s, stock gears, FP evo Green, 3inch tbe, no cat, 100% meth/92octane, with a JESTR flash, on 28psi, ETS fmic, buschur intake. car ran 13.03 @118 stock clutch, no launch.

John Estrada is a good personal friend of mine (JESTR Tuning). Glad to hear he did the work for him:) I used to do a lot of work with him until I started doing work with Seth at Moon Performance.

Yes…12.2 @ 110 was the best it ever ran.

nice! thats pretty fast. any picturs of it?

Some picture of it from when I built it…this is a few weeks before I installed the VFS1 SC kit

looks good minus the front bumper

i dont mind the two little splitter things they dont look super flush but they dont stand out like a sore thumb

good shit. def let me know if youre doing that. i had more ppl asking me today at a carwash how fast the car is and what it puts down. i say i dont know, every single time and i dont wana throw out numbers at em at random.
will it improve if i use RS4 cams in my motor?

I’ll keep you informed. We are definitely doing one just a matter of when.

oh justin, do you still have the stock bumper from the R by any chance?