JDM car insurance

Who 's got a right hand drive car , but more important

who you have insurance with ???

ive had 2 insured now so far.

my old company was pafco, they will no longer insure rhd cars. Now i deal with a broker in oshawa, and they seem to be a decent company.

There are a number of companies that will insure… however most require a canadian vin number to touch the car.

GT

hey greg

how abouts do you get a canadian vin and how much does it generally cost?

I actally just called my insurance to see how much a 91 Skyline would be …supposed to call me back any minute now… i am guessing the answer will be no( state farm) but if i did have that kinda car where would you go to insure it?

Yeah state far m doesnt insure JDM cars (N)

i heard on this station there gunna make importing rhd cars illegal…just because of the threat they pose with being on the rh side.

get your cars while you can.

haha thats been said for a number of years.

its nothing new.

GT

I would think they would be safer in a head on colision becasure you are farther away from the other car…no ?

but you can’t see shit when you want to turn left at a big intersection
and you can’t see shit when you want to pass someone on a one lane road
but if you’re patient and not stupid (like trying to turn or pass when you can’t see shit) then rhd is perfectly safe and fine… gov’t is stupid

so… how much???:smiley:

If your current insco tries to deny you, you should remind them that by law they must insure a new car you buy so long as it’s legal (at least that’s what my broker told me). I’m sure at this point they don’t even have to have a 17 digit VIN, since the MTO recognises 10 digit ones without a problem. That’s the struggle I’m going through right now, and I’m pretty sure they can’t make me get one.