Jeff's Neon R/T

i like the car, as a fellow owner of a car with limited stock abilities, i think you did good with it. i love my car, but if i knew now what i knew 4 years ago, i could honestly have a 500-600whp honda in terms of money spent, parts for my car are so expensive, my front/rear lip kit alone was $550, and thats with a employee dealer discount. im not saying i could have built it, just saying in total dolaars spent, i could have easy. keep it up, and strip that weight, and try to hit your goal. this site is about cars, and have fun with yours…

they had one on pass -time last nite,it was fast,the owner look like a dick,

ok, but what you and others dont understand is that I havent worked and put money into this car for 7 year. and I havent spent nearly what you think I have…

I cant begin to tell you how fun 1st gen neon coupes are on country windy roads and it would probably do damn well on an autox course.

its not FAST by all means, but compared to other neons and cars in it’s class it does well.

I enjoy driving it, its dependable, and its quick for a N/A compact car.
What more do you want?

It made 160whp. thats 10 more then a GSR motor! i like it.

As for a 600whp honda. Its kinda stupid. Yea its kinda fast. But once you get past the 500whp traction is more then just a problem. Once you get down in the 10sec range they start to become a pain in the ass.

One of these days im going to get a RWD. and it will go 8’s.

i you like it, thats all that matters. you really cant go too crazy with it because its your daily driver.

exactly, but… when I get a truck or something Im looking into doing 1 of 3 things:

1. building a bottom end and running megasquirt with maybe some E85.
  2. SRT-4 manifold and turbo
  3. SRT-4 engine

and My girlfriend doesnt understand for the life of her why I had my front wheels on the dyno and the camaro had it’s rear wheels on the dyno…

why not the 3.0 v6 from the stratus r/t? im sure with i/h/e, it would be some nice n/a power in your car.

I dont like that motor plus its too much work.

to run a 2.4 again all I need to do is dig out my mount adaptor out of the garage.

most cost effective would probably be to get a manifold and turbo. But I’d have to ditch my mopar ecu ( advance’s timing too much for turbo ) and cut my manifold down from a long runner to a short runner.

Most safe cheap:
2.4 stratus motor front stratus, SRT rods & internals
SRT or PT head, turbo from SRT or PT GT

dude I have a ~2000? neon 355 5 speed trans. I bought it long ago for my 420a eclipse. I know it has a hydraulic clutch. Its been sitting around my garage for like 4 years. If its any use to you pm me before I scrap the bitch.

but use some srt4 internals in something and turbo it. I know people are diehard all motor guys but if you have less than 8 cylinders and youre not FI, youre just slow :slight_smile:

Pics of GF?

their on here somewhere. Search:beer:

I really dont have any need for it right now. ( I beleive the blocks are the same from the sohc to the dohc but not sure. )
355 trans suck, only good for gas milage. I like the 394

WHAT?!?!?! ive been looking for a 94-98 neon for anything under 2grand and i cant find any anywhere. i have a totaled 2000 neon with a great engine and tranny so i would even buy a neon with a blown engine but i cant find any anywhere

If you want a white RT with blue stripes I’ll let you know if I dont take it.

I dunno if its a 2 door or 4 door. guy said its got a rattle under the hood.

like i said i have the good engine is i could fix that easily. alot of the time thats a stupid peice of broken plastic anyways. i would rather a 2door but for insurence id rather a 4 door

Because a neon is such a high performance machine.

:tool:

im sorry i cant even afford anything over an oldsmobile and im unemployed. that doesnt make me a tool

No that makes you lazy

STOP WHORING UP JEFF"S THREAD!:ban:

ive applied for every thing near my house. advanced, auto plus, 10 minute oil change. nobody is hiring.

You’ve got to own a busted ass Civic that you race on public roadways to wor at those places when you’re 17.