jet ski buildup thread with pics (now with completed pix)

never ridden a stand up before… looks like a good time if, esp. if you have friends with them

shit, that came out niiice :tup: footwells FTW, until you get thrown lol

nah, they don’t hold you too hard. not hard enough to break anything… Foot STRAPS on the other hand = death.

How much different are stand ups in terms of riding? I’m pretty damn good on the sitdown kind, but never tried a stand up.

define “good on a sitdown” there’s not a lot you can do with it.

I like to equate it like this:

Sit Down = riding a harley in a parking lot

Stand Up = riding a flatland BMX bike in a parking lot.

Try this on a sit down boat:

this thing is awesome now.

and stand ups are alot different than couchs. on sitdowns u just hit the gas and turn the bars. stand ups take more getting used to, but are 10x more fun

word. By good I mean I can hold my own, I’ve spent a ton of time out on big waves when storms are coming in on lake ontario and I’m able to keeping them upright and land correctly after long periods of flying. I have no frame of referance for what stand ups are like.

However, that back flip clip is nuts.

Yeah it is. people do some crazy shit on flatwater, and even crazier shit in the surf.

WAY SICK FLATWATER

to put it into perspective… sit down = riding a tricycle, stand up = riding a unicycle

That was fucking nuttttttttttttttttttssss…

i like how he just back-tracks his wake everytime. that guy is talented. that must take some good muscle.

so that thing got any top end? My couch will give ya 2 and the move :tspry:

it’s not fast at all. in fact, it’s slower than stock up top. I have a low end prop and an aggressive intake grate on it.

How much avg do these weight, he was flipping that and jumping pretty high.

I had a SeaDoo HX that was no couch. Modded and downright nasty. It would out turn the rider at speed. Will get another soon.

mine weighs 290 dry.
my aftermarket pipe and water box is lighter than stock, but probably about equal after the hull reinforcements.

those are fairly light. and while fast, nimble sit downs are mildly entertaining.

stand ups are WAYYYYYYYYY more fun.

Looks awesome man!