jet ski buildup thread with pics (now with completed pix)

Looks awesome man. I miss having a jetski. I had a sitdown Yamaha GP1200R with a triple pipe, that thing was a beast. Not really good for manuevering because it weighed a good 600lbs but it was fast as hell. The wife and I are planning on getting 2 jetski’s soon but probably sitdowns again. Oh how I miss water toys.

I can see why they are easy to manuever.

for those that have seen the waterworld show at universal i want one of those, it went underwater and crazy shit like that

dang that looks good!a good job well done

newman,
Will you give me a turn on this? between jumping 450lb machines all winter…I think I could at least get this thing going somewhere.

I’m not promising anything at all… I’d just like a shot.
hey, If I like it, I may pick one up and we can ride, it probably gets a little boring by yourself with noone else to ride agianst

[quote=“sedlmeier101,post:44,topic:15724"”]

newman,
Will you give me a turn on this? between jumping 450lb machines all winter…I think I could at least get this thing going somewhere.

I’m not promising anything at all… I’d just like a shot.
hey, If I like it, I may pick one up and we can ride, it probably gets a little boring by yourself with noone else to ride agianst

[/quote]

sure, just give me a call. i’ll PM you my number… i’d imagine you’d be pretty good at this.

It seems like your worst nightmare would be a vacation on the beach where you just have to sit there and do nothing for a while. :lol:

Nice work!

X…

newman i will be contacting you soon to pick your brain about buying a jet-ski. i am lame though, and just want a sit down.

[quote=“audios,post:47,topic:15724"”]

newman i will be contacting you soon to pick your brain about buying a jet-ski. i am lame though, and just want a sit down.

[/quote]

i won’t be much help then, but i know people who would be. let me know. you can send me a PM and i’ll FWD it on…

Ugh… sweet deal newman. Looks like a blast. I expect to see some clips of you riding posted this summer.

:tup:

Standup >>>>>> sitdown.

damnit newman… now i have to get my boat out. not that it has the power to get out of its own wake.

excellent placement with the star over the crack.

if anyone wants water toys they can pm me or call anytime. i know where and usually what people are looking for. I grew up on the water my whole life. My old man has a pretty big boat and a 1200 sitdown. Plus my mom works at a boat store. if anyone needs anything for the water, try talkin to me.

[quote=“Bigairskier1580,post:49,topic:15724"”]

Standup >>>>>> sitdown.

[/quote]

I guess Id have to swap with someone for a bit to try, but unless you can do baller flips like the video, I cant imagine liking a stand up over a couch. Mine makes it nice and easy to cruise all around WNY and its fun as shyt to drag race.

Nice work on strengthing yours up though newman…I have to give mine some paint, new pads and some :tspry: and this is making me want to do that even more now

[quote=“BaD AZz Z/28,post:52,topic:15724"”]

I guess Id have to swap with someone for a bit to try, but unless you can do baller flips like the video, I cant imagine liking a stand up over a couch. Mine makes it nice and easy to cruise all around WNY and its fun as shyt to drag race.

[/quote]

It’s definitely a personal preference thing. If you like trying to rip tricks and shit, then a standup is definitely the way to go.

[quote=“newman,post:53,topic:15724"”]

It’s definitely a personal preference thing. If you like trying to rip tricks and shit, then a standup is definitely the way to go.

[/quote]

With the water only being warm enough to fall in for about 3 weeks a year, I prefer to stay nice and dry and go as fast as possible in a straight line :lol:

i wish this thing made an appearence in my pond… Looks good newman

I thought they didnt make standups anymore. what do the cost

i think about 7000.

i forget.

Just picked up the following:

Girdled head with high comp domes (93 octane)
http://www.adaracing.com/products/ya701mhdkit.jpg

UMI Aluminum Handlepole (2 inches shorter) [Black]
http://www.rivayamaha.com/RivaStore/images/umi_handlepole.gif

0 Degree Bars [Black]
http://blowsion.com/prod_images/detail/UYA01105.jpg

Billet Throttle lever [yellow]:
http://blowsion.com/prod_images/detail/03-01-605.jpg

Also some external fittings (bow eye, water outlet, bilge outlet, grip locks) all in orange.

Also a tow eye.

Stoked.

i wish i could find a lighter / shorter pole for my ski. my steering linkage Is beat to snot.

newman did you replace your stock starter/kill swiches? i forgot to look.

[quote=“RedrRocket,post:59,topic:15724"”]

i wish i could find a lighter / shorter pole for my ski. my steering linkage Is beat to snot.

newman did you replace your stock starter/kill swiches? i forgot to look.

[/quote]

no. stock for now. that’s soon tho.

What year/model do you have again?