JGS KA24E Turbo Kits

heyy guys ive been looking into some options for a 240sx and I came across the JGS Turbo Kit for a KA24E engine … what do you guys thinks about this setup? Im just looking for opinions, how much it would cost for the setup? Positives & negatives?

mike

heres a link to the site:

http://www.jgsturbo.com/ka24et.html

1990 240sx - Stock :cool:

That’s a pretty disappointing kit considering you have to bring it over the border and pay duties and taxes on it. If you’re going KA-T, the beauty of it is being able to do more on a budget. That manifold looks like the china saturday night specials. It doesn’t even say what kind of wastegate it is. Do you really want to be burned by a crappy wastegate? It’s something so crucial. You can make a better KA-T setup with mani, wastegate, turbo oil lines and downpipe for under 1k here without sourcing it from the border.

Any specific reason as to doing a turbo KA24E? You can get KA24DE’s free or cheap, and you can build it up while you still drive your KA24E

well i was searching a topic on SOHC blocks with DOHC heads installed on them for higher compression ratios and i came across that site … jus wanted to get an opinion about the kit … id rather go NA with my KA24E … but the topic i mention with the sohc block & dohc head would be sweet to do … unless i grab a ka24de and get ka24e pistons n install those into the dohc head … im jus wondering if it would be a lot of work to it that way and what the cost would be …

its a bad kit look it up on here give it some research a guty bought one off of ebay a couple months ago didn`t fit right had rubbing problems and the wastegate broke and they gave him little to no help

The only good thing JGS makes are their oil feed/return kits, all they’re flanges, and fittings…

Tis about it.

JGS are a sponsor on ka-t.org… they make good products.

Yeah, I picked up their oil and coolant line kit, that’s about all I would look to them for, that and maybe the weld-it-yourself manifold kits.

Good service dept. They shipped it UPS and I got charged $80 brokerage… refused the delivery at my door, then called them telling them I had told the guy to ship it USPS, and they sent me another one out asap… even before they got receipt of the original one.

Again, good service for me.

You don’t want high compression when you want to turbo your KA24.

The JGS kit comes with a dump tube…which are fun. I’d still pass on it from what I said above. That wastegate ruins the kit.

Sorry to threadjack, but all you ppl importing stuff from the US, is USPS completely surprise free? Or is it just less likely to get hit with brokerage fees and customs duty.

USPS, FedEx, UPS, Brown…they’re all “surprise pro”

I got claimed by the credit bureau because the driver of my JGS oil/feed return kit (through UPS) took my COD and pocketed it

No matter what shipping company you go with…there will always be a surprise.

When i ordered my 3" Catco Cat, they delivered it to my house 3 times when I wasn’t home…even after telling them to hold it at the warehouse so I could pick it up. I went the 4th day to pick it up and they said it was on the truck being delivered to my house…again.

Shipping companies are useless…

Don’t go Ka-T.

Ka-T’s are great if you love the insane torque curve. KA-Ts fail because people choose to half ass the tuning aspect of it. It’s a completely viable and powerful set up if it isn’t half assed. SR20’s are easy, but the KA-T allows you to do go bigger from the start because you can pick your manifold, turbo, EMS, pistons, rods etc rather than starting with an SR20 with a GT25 and beaten by Japanese teens. The KA-T’s that blow are the high mileage, poorly tuned and use shoddy parts. A solidly rebuilt KA + great parts yields great results.

But yeah, I can kind of agree on the SR20DET on the simplicity of it, but KA-T yields good rewards for those who put the effort into it.

SR20, and KA-T are both great.
You can go KA-T and have a resonably well running car.
Just make sure you have all your bases covered…mainly tunning.

In my case for example, it was just unlucky…I didn’t blow my motor…which everyone seems to think, I hydrolocked it.

Cylinder 2 and 3 became flooded with gas because during a drive in boost my o-rings ripped, keeping them open. Because I didn’t have my wideband in, it became to late to figure out the problem…thus loosing compression in 2 and 3. The car still ran, just boosted poorly, and felt like a slug until in boost.

Do it right, or do it twice…
Its all about tunning.

KA-T’s are gay.

Oh wait…

Make sure your compression is in check before you even think about it. A KA-T can just be as reliable as long as you work within the confines of the engine.

Tuning is pretty important, better to run her rich than lean. And if you have REALLY high aspirations for power and turning up the boost, you’ll want to consider a full EMS instead of piggyback. Speaking from my own experience, I’m using a piggyback, it does what it needs to do…and I am by no means running high boost.

Twenty-pounds of boost may be fun as hell, but it won’t be street-driveable, nor will it be very reliable.

Back to topics, judging by the pictures, I wouldn’t trust that manifold. You’ll probably need to reinforce it to ensure you don’t have any cracks.

But even before that, consider that kind of goals you have. This kit looks okay for a T25/T28 set up good for about reliable 250whp (be prepared to spend another 1K-2K for GOOD, key word: good quality parts).

T25’s are a waste on KA’s, they’re too small to be of any use. Go bigger hahaha

Did you not read my whole post? With a bigger turbo, you’ll need bigger injectors, etc etc. I was giving him/her an example of a basic build.

NO U…go bigger “hahaha”