Jiggsy Built ..

I know where you’re coming from, and I assure you it is ‘manning up’.

What seems like a huge deal in thought, usually isn’t as big a deal when it comes to projects like this. You could have had the head ported by someone who knows what they were doing and done the cam install yourself.

k you know it all as always

Well I did everything on my car except welding and pressing bushings in…because I dont have a welder or a press.

Bentley/chilton/Haynes manual and a couple hundred bucks in tools and you can do anything. We all make mistakes, your biggest one was giving your car to that goon. Maybe if he was changing your oil or rotating your tires…but porting your head and installing a cam? Have you ever TALKED to this kid? :rofl

Maybe he thought the extra chromosome would make him BETTER at doing engine work, I mean MORE CHROMOSOMES HAS TO BE BETTER! AMIRITE?!

What you call “manning up” is a very big jump. If I wanted to rebuild my car by myself, that would be a several thousand dollar leap of faith. I would love to learn to do all this shit but I don’t exactly have a ton of people I can learn from and I do not consider the internet as being a perfect learning source since its not always easy to decipher good information from bad information as well as you have to teach yourself.

You people need to learn how to turn a fucking wrench.

I would love to learn more… teach me bitch!

Did I not just say use a haynes/chilton? There are plenty of people in this area who are more than willing to share their vast knowledge. ALL IM SAYING IS IN THE FUTURE YOURE BETTER OFF DOING IT YOURSELF AND LEARNING AS YOU GO THAN LETTING SOME 18 YEAR OLD GOON DO IT FOR YOU THINKING THAT THEY’RE SO SURE THEY KNOW WHAT THEY’RE DOING.

Haha yah… im not gonna fucking rely on some manual to do serious build brah. Try asking a serious technical question to people on here, theyl send yah to google. No need to get hekka riled up and use caps lock bennie.

Same here. Even when its shit you have no idea on its not that hard to grab a laptop and download a service manual and do 30 minutes of reading

Shortbus… he rides it.

Yeah why would you rely on a manual that most service shops rely on. :rofl

serious build?! wtf do you consider a serious build, exactly? turbo’ing your motor? then there is just a manual for you:

Maximum Boost-Corky Bell.

In this situation it was what? headswap/cam install? that’s not a serious build

High compression all motor build. What makes it serious is the money I would be putting into it and to get a car like that on the dyno and have it blow up would probably cause me to jump off a tall bridge/building. Even just rebuilding the motor, i.e. piston rings, bearings, retiming the motor, is shit I would want to do several times over with someone who knows how to do it.

edit: no, Lance and I have done a cam swap before, wasn’t too bad but I could not have done it alone.

you’re letting Jiggs. build your motor…?

or this is already done?

I would never, ever feel safe wringing the neck on a motor that kid laid hands on. I’m not trying to rag on him, he probably KNOWS more about building motors than I do, because I know next to nothing. However from my brief talks with him he seems to lack intelligence and common sense. Dangerous combo.

If all the evidence is there, why would I waste my keystrokes? He works on whosever car he wants to whatever degree of quality he wants on any given day, it can’t get any simpler than that.

In before cazwrx/k20power/whoever else response :rofl :hug

No the motor has not been built yet, I have just been considering it. I doubt I would let him do that build. He really does know his shit, at least I believe he does, but his adhd, work style, lack of care for neatness, and other various issues really hinder him. He did the original build on my car, which was swapping the k20 head onto a k24 block, changing the oil pump, and timing the motor. Only problem with my car is that it burns oil and the kid didn’t touch the bottom end. Kind of funny laduke had problems with his belt tensioner because earlier this year jiggs was looking at my chain tensioner and noticed it was about to go, which would have more than likely of lead to a blown motor.

I’m not going to say anything, because I would not have him work on any of my cars or bikes ever. He’s done a couple things for me at the track(which he considers “working on my car”)…but really he HELPED me spin my coils up and help my slicks fit better than they were, and he would’ve helped me swap an axle if one broke. Very basic stuff that really can’t go wrong.

On topic though, sometimes it’s worth paying someone who is careful, and responsible to do your stuff to make sure it’s not going to shit the bed, or having to worry whether you’re going to make it from point A to point B.

Damn man… sounds to me like his cam ain’t cammin, the valves ain’t valvin and his motor is too stupid to know how to keep time. Faulty parts I assure you. Not jiggsys fault.

Laduke also does cut corners, and buy budget ass stuff…so who knows

Yeah. Fuckin DUMpylaDUKE