Joined a gym...need some help

another good way is doing circuit training…keeping your heart rate up in between lifting sets and exercises…dont take long breaks between everythign 30 secs max…keeps ur heart rate up and you are doing cardio without even thinking about it

I would just read what gehee and fry said.
stretch, do your warm up lifting whatever, do your routine and THEN do 10minutes or less of HIIT Cardio. If you can do more that’s great lol, but unless you’re God you probably won’t be able to.
It’s pretty easy to make your own routine, there’s tons of stuff out there to help you. If you do a google search they will generally tell u what the exercise works out, focuses on, and a gif of how to do it.

The only thing i changed on my diet is eating like 6egg whites and 3 yolks in the morning, and eating 2 tacos on medium sized whole grain shells (5net carbs each siqq!!), and drinking water only at every meal. I’ve lost a significant about of body fat and feel a lot better everyday. And up your protein to like atleast 150grams per day

edit: Ive been doing the taco and egg thing EVERYDAY for about 12-13 weeks lol, it gets tiresome however it’s working great.

someone, explain HIIT please

high intensity interval training

high intensity, normal intensity, high intensity etc
. highintensity should be a longer period than normal. Example would be 20seconds on, then 10seconds off
And try to keep break periods between sets while lifting under 1minute

deebo i was doing 16 mins of 1 min on / 1 off of HIIT.

fuuuuuu lol. Most i got was 8minutes of 30seconds on 15seconds off, however i smoke so it’s extremely hard to do :frowning:

well shit son, there’s your problem…

I have been quitting as of late, however standing around in parking lots for hours upon hours in the summer is probably going ruin it lol
Im pretty sure im not addicted, i have just formed a habit . And i get bored very easily. I just need to be doing something at all times otherwise i’ll smoke. I believe they call this ADHD :lol:

edit: the old : lol : smilie was way better than this new one

stock pile some big red and chew gum lol

Thats what i’ve been doing lol. It works well, plus your breath smells good and your clothes don’t smell! win

i second the gum. or you can do what I did and have a heart attack. quit cold turkey after ~10 years.

Was this directly caused by smoking? Or you stopped incase of something in the future came up. I would rather quit on my own than to have something like that happen :frowning: Atleast you’re doing well now

love big red…i even chew it when i work out…keeps me from getting dry mouth and stopping/slowing down to get drinks

wasnt really smoking related. was sick, a virus inflamed the sac around my heart, pretty much brought on a HA. sucked pretty bad, but no longer term damage. was a big enough wake up call to quit.

Well that’s good to hear that you’ve overcome it :tup:

That’s what happened to my old man, after a heart attack, 3 open heart surgeries (a quadruple, followed 6 months later by a triple and a few years later another quadruple), angiograms, stress tests, etc. all before he turned 50, he decided to quit. Unfortunately when he did he put on a lot of weight. He’s working on getting it down by eating better, including drinking primarily seltzer water, which dropped him about 20lbs.

jesus. im glad it didnt come to that for me.

LOL at someone even remotely health conscious who smokes. You’re addicted dumbass. Now stop.

I havent smoked since monday :gotme: i feel fine, i havent craved anything either
dumbass! ha!! pwn!!!1!!1

:bigtup: