Jons 2004 Subaru WRX Chargespeed Super GT Widebody

Power to ya for staying unique but not being ridiculous.

It is however a fine line to walk.

Needs air ride! Lol

Not a fan of body kits on most cars anymore but I can respect someone who likes to drive and work on their car. Good luck with it man, curious what exactly you disposed of to reduce weight?

this thread was amusing to read haha, car looks awesome. / this thing would look beast on air ride

Thanks guys, appreciate it. I’m not a fan of air but I have looked into a VRH system made by umbrella that allows you to raise it for certain situations and it doesn’t effect the suspension when it’s relaxed, but that’s a little ways down the line.

Top of my head because I’m at work, I’ll post a list later.
Front sub frame, front bumper beam, entire air condition system, tow hooks, gutted the trunk (spare, jack, tools, liners, etc.) A substantial amount of brackets and whatnot, cf and Kevlar seats, floor mats, wheel, cruise control, the exhaust drops 17 lbs, coils, I have a fan to take out, etc. I did however gain a few pounds in wheels and the kit, and I’m judging weight with about a few gallons of gas because typically I put a ten spot in. I’ll find the list later tonight.

You removed the front subframe eh? What’s holding your engine and steering rack in the car? :rofl

:lol fucking ricers

A cradle. The front sub frame is only utilized as collision support, the spec c STis don’t even come with sub frames.

You mean bumper beam… Spec C’s don’t have a rear bumper beam but they have a front.

Man, you removed the floor mats and tow hooks?! Fuck, there’s a couple hundred pounds shaved right there!

They have a front bumper bar, it isn’t much of a beam, but again I’m talking about the sub frame. The piece that is currently involved with the control arm recall, shaped like a large U, weighs about 30lbs with hardware off the top of my head. It’s not necessary unless you plan on running into something.

Hey man, you’d be surprised how every pound adds up. Four floor mats are eight pounds, that’s a significant reduction.

Oh the huge U-Frame. Yeah that’s there so the engine doesn’t go through the firewall and kill the people in the front seat during a crash… 30lbs I’d keep on the car, especially since the weight is in the lowest part of the car.

What are you using this car for? Why wouldn’t you just leave all that shit in and take it out on “race” day?

Duly noted. I was kind enough to leave one of the four airbags for a passenger, I call that meeting in the middle.

I’m trying to make it a well rounded show and go. It would take hours to put everything in. Things such as floor mats I put in for shows.

So you take the floor mats out to putt around town in the name of weight reduction? Spare tire too? Just seems like useful stuff to have if you’re not competing for anything.

No, I leave everything out 99% of the time unless I’m going to shows. I don’t have a matching spare tire anyway, what’s the point of having it in? And if i go to a show I throw in red floor mats, but I wouldn’t want to use those typically because they would get worn. I realize a floor mat is supposed to get warn, but they don’t give two shits about that in a show.

If it’s just a show car, why did you sacrifice so many safety features for mediocre weight savings?

I guess I can sort of understand, I wouldn’t feel comfortable sacrificing that sort of safety on a car I drove that often but that’s obviously a personal choice as is the rest of what you’re doing with it. Still think air ride would make it the best look/northeast driveability but if you don’t like air oh well. If you ever want to get some nice photos of that thing let me know I’d be happy to help and check it out. Good luck man.

Jon, you are killing me with the ricer floor mat reduction, please stop lol.

Again, it’s not just a show car, I want it to be well rounded. I plan on the car going 10’s and taking a trophy in a show. I wouldn’t mind autoxing it on the occasion either.

I don’t understand why the floor mat thing is such a shocker, 8 lbs is a legitimate reduction. You call it rice, I call it completely reasonable considering I count everything as little as the AC tensioner pulley for a pound. For fucks sake I count my hood liner. Typical shift for focusing on something completely off topic hahaha.