JT76 - 2010 - Trans am build

cool!..i figured something was up when i saw your nitrous kit in the for sale thread :tup:

I said the same thing too… wait till you turn it up.

I will start the count down till you go auto…

The squirt can is purely coincidence, right? :tup:

yay!!! gl with the build jim. make sure to post as many times as possible so i can follow it here at school, i’ll definitely be swinging by the shop to see it too.

I like except for this 7 psi nonsense. Why do you want to be slower than when the car was on :tspry: ???
Is this turbo made in Brazil?

Turbos make great power on small block. I was seriously running 10-11psi when I ran you at the bbq. On my 10.0 pass, that was 12lbs. I will say he goes 10’s on 7psi

time to make cool noises!

Yes but you are not at jt’s weight with a 6 speed… imo the cam setup on a 100 shot would make more power with a better powerband and pull harder vs this at 7 psi.
Could be wrong. :gotme:
Someone put a one bar spring in that wg when he is not looking. :snky:

7 psi on an LS1 is like 21 psi on a Honda. I am sure it will not be slower. These Turbos are manufactured in Brazil and imported into this country and sold through Master Powers USA dealer network

As i stated, this is not the end product for this build. I just want to get the turbo kit designed, fabbed up, and running this season. I could always put 317 truck heads on to lower compression and run 10psi, but not worth it considering that this is the last season for the stock shortblock. As per innovative’s dyno the car made high 480’s on the 100 shot. I would expect right around 500 (guys seem to make between 500 and 525 on 7 pounds). This is a bit more power than the spray and boost doesn’t run out ;). The nitrous was cool for what it was, a cheap go fast fix, but time to move on.

cliffs: get turbo running this year, forged bottom end and 15lbs next year

Will you be running the same cam?
What on the exhaust are you changing?

I liked how your car sounded lol :frowning:

Want to run me on bottle to you on 7lbs when done?

I heard he is running a sneaky speed shop camshaft. I think he is changing to stock manifolds and a little snail

You fbod guys are too :snky: for me

uh oh, if jim is making 500hp i might have to too now :meh:

No, the cam i have is not for boost. Well, considering the nature of a turbo system, yes the exhaust is going to be completely different lol… I will be keeping the Borla catback if thats what your asking

In what kind of car? :snky:

Ummmmmmm :snky:

Well it will be interesting to see what it makes and how it runs at that boost. From my experience all motor/spray cars that make similar power as a turbo car similar weight etc. tend to be considerably quicker. Plus the only heavy LS1 turbo car at 8 psi I have seen up close woulda got walked all over by a 126 trap car.
I still think you should buy some extra wg springs incase of boredom. :tup:

Yea, i meant the borla lol… not the headers

STS cars dont count :nono:

yeah we’ll see what happens. The WG comes with a 12psi spring lol, but if the engine pops, there will be real boredom.