JUICEDZ4 build thread

I got a TON done tonight.

Brakes:

• made up a simple pedal stop so the push rod cant fall out
  • bead blasted the master cylinder adaptor plate
  • painted the firewall brace mounts
  • permanently installed the master cylinder, adjusted the pushrod and added a boot as secondary method to insure the pushrod stays in place

The only thing left is to eventually get the firewall brace tubes powder coated. I will probalby do this the next time I have a bunch of parts to go in.

You can see the new location of the master cyl pushrod here as well.

Ignition:

• painted the coil mount bracket
  • mounted the coils
  • added some thermal heat barrier film to the bottom of the assembly
  • did a final test fit of the VR sensor bracket
  • welded the two halves together

Intake Manifold:

• managed to get the 4" tube stretched out enough to test fit the baseplate

By removing more material from the 4" tube at one end than the other, a slight taper was created going away from the TB end of the plenum. Its hard to tell in the pics but its a few degrees.

More this weekend

Dan

Thanks to the help of a guy at work I have a nice template for the 45 degree 3″ to 4″ elbow I need to fab for the intake inlet. Hopefully I can work some magic with the slip roll tomorrow. I may start from some 4″ tubing so there is less rolling to do. Lots to come tomorrow, I hope.

Dan

what kinda power are you looking for?

Id like to see it make 400 wheel someday. Honestly, for now Id be happy if I could just drive it on 10psi (250hp/275ftlbs ish based on previous dyno runs) for the summer. Only time will tell I guess.

Dan

look sharp < i wanna see that mani done >

This would have been my sat update …

Got the elbow done this am. Took about two hours to cut it out from a piece of 4″ tubing left over from the plenum, shape it and weld it. The welds arent the greatest, but it was tough starting and stopping every 1/2″ or 1″.

Also the runner lenghts and position of the plenum are set (well it will need to shift to the driver side some to make room for the runners flare). I just need to cut the other three to length and flare the ends.

Monday I will get the holes cut in the flat part of the flange and also make a plate for the TB. This should really come together next week. Im sorta hoping to finish it next week.

Dan

I don’t know if you’ve touched on the subject, but what makes this design better than your previous designs?

^ Ill try to answer that tomorrow, its too late.

Tonight I dimpled a new wider base plate for the plenum, created some small velocity stacks (since my jig, and I dont think any jig, would work to hold the 90 deg bends), and trimmed down the runners to make up for the stacks.

Then I tackled the plenum. I had to make a slight change in plans by rounding the basplate and trimming the sides of the plenum way up so I could fit in a filler piece that wasnt too complicated. Anyway, its pretty well set.

Thursday Ill weld the stacks to the baseplate from the inside so I can really round them off nice. Then I can basically finish assembling the whole thing.
Tonight I dimpled a new wider base plate for the plenum, created some small velocity stacks (since my jig, and I dont think any jig, would work to hold the 90 deg bends), and trimmed down the runners to make up for the stacks.

Then I tackled the plenum. I had to make a slight change in plans by rounding the basplate and trimming the sides of the plenum way up so I could fit in a filler piece that wasnt too complicated. Anyway, its pretty well set.

Thursday Ill weld the stacks to the baseplate from the inside so I can really round them off nice. Then I can basically finish assembling the whole thing.

Dan

Looks awesome, as usual.

looks great!, i told you… you have 25hr work day “01:42 AM”

lol ya. Bed at 2:15 and up at 7:30 blows. But its only two nights a week. The other nights Im usualy in bed “early” between 11:30 and 1am.

Dan

:slight_smile:

i know, i do the same just dont have anything to take pictures of…

Got alot accomlished tonight.

-small stacks welded to the runners

-three runners tacked in place and one fully welded

-runners fully welded to the plenum flange

I snapped a quick pick with the plenum sitting in place. weeee

Dan

SOOOOOO DOPE. Looks great dan. :slight_smile:

The shortened plug wires came back from Magnecor friday. Took a few pics of them with the intake in place. Im hoping to finish welding it up tomorrow nite

Dan

any chance of putting miles on it this year…?

I sure fn hope so.

Dan

Looking really nice.

is it me or is the mani, have some slant to it?

Yes, the plenum is purposely tapered some. Just a couple degrees.

Dan