Junior tuned the Evo today...

Easier and better to just pull the return line and run the engine, then you can use the pump gas in something else

I could of easily had a pump tune, but It’ll always have E85 in it. I’m basically using the alt map switch for different boost levels.

yep, when i switch from pump to e85, i wait for the light to come on, then do another 15 miles and pump in the juice.

same goes for vice-versa…

also if i go on a long trip i’ll just run it on pump 93, no big deal.

all with the flick of a switch and a turn of the wick :slight_smile:

It has taken a few years but all you idiots are now accepting E85 for its potential. Remember this?

http://shift518.com/showthread.php?t=1036

Still have yet to use it myself… :frowning:

true… I did see morgan do that and it was wicked easy. But I guess for a car like a mustang with a big gas tank it would mix alot better. Either way… you need a tune for both.

Awesome numbers by the way… thing is gonna move out

i’ve always planned on running e85, even before i had my evo!!!

Agreed. In the grand scheme of things, it’s negligible.

Never understood people’s concerns for MPG when tuning a car for this kind of power anyway.

I’m still begging Ray to run it, the system in the car now will support it with just an injector swap, and it’ll do as much/more on E85 vs C16.

I have been using it since late '06. I revisited that thread to laugh @ stockcarboy saying it’s petroleum. e85 cleaned the SHIT out of my fuel system, I ran it through the stock injectors for a few weeks and they looked super clean after. I also took out the iridium plugs I installed in '05 at the same time and the carbon was coming off…

If I’m getting low on fuel and I am not close to an e85 station, I’ll just toss in some 87 octane (no need for 93 when you are blending 105+ octane fuel in) and take a few spirited turns to aid in mixing. It just runs a bit rich, but since I still have my STFT/LTFT’s enabled it runs just fine. I change the oil pretty regularly, so I don’t worry too much about it.

Anyhow, I lol’d pretty hard at some of the negative comments about e85 in that thread.

I have a lot more reading planning to do before I even think about pulling my car up to an e85 pump.

But, I do believe I am going to run it.

The biggest problem that people have now, that they still had back 2 years ago in that thread jowhawk, is everybody is misinformed.

Whatever false or not completely clear information that everyoen read about or posted back when, still echos around and until people have actually done it they belive whatever it is they hear

AND +1 to what pete and adam said, if your running it in your modified car for power, dont bitch about gas mileage :lol

nah i think your biggest problem is how your car looks

Also have any of you heard of the “black goo”

It’s something thats come up big on the Z31 forums with Jon who’s been looking at running e85 in his 700+whp Z.

Some findings on the internet (not that it means much) is many car guys are reporting a black stick goo on their injectors after running e85 for quite some time. Everyone decided it must be the fiberglass or some sort of coating in the tanks that the e85 is eating and circulating throughout the fuel system.

This wasnt just on Z’s it was on a broad range of cars where people were reporting this

lol

I had a tiny bit on the outside of the stockers, but when I took the blue giants out that I ran for 2+ years they had NONE. The gunk itself is part of an additive in the fuel, there was a gentleman that did a lab test and found that he could recreate it by boiling the fuel until the residue is left behind. The chemical structure was identical to “black goo” but it was clear.

sooo how much you selling the vette for?

this thread gives me a headache

Threadache. I haz one.

less than 30

Hey OP great numbers, just curious how the install instructions were wrong, want to make sure we have it right ya know!

Will

The car is an external WG car, and when the WG was hooked up per the directions, it did not control boost, gate was apparently shut. When hooked up per the internal gate directions, it worked fine (turbo to 3, side of the gate to 2, port 1 open)