Just a random, random ferrari insurance question.

you should swap an rb26 in it…or boost it

I would imagine daily driving a ferrari could get out of control expensive. The maintenance on one is outrageous and the parts are hard to come by MOST of the time.

However if you were to say move to california with a ferrari dealership in the near by area I suppose it wouldln’t be that hard.

Someone once told me that the oil change on an Enzo was just a hair over 1,000. Good God.

Maintenance costs are very expensive. Especially for older models.

I heard the same thing… I think someone told me the Enzo was the most expensive car in the world to buy parts for.
I know it retailed for like 1.5 million. I dont think all ferraris compare to this though…

a new F430 is cheaper to own/drive then a used 360

the main sched on the 430 is MUCH more morgiving then it was on a 360

how do you have 30 points. 18months in between suspensions that is not possible

When I was young I was very stupid. I drove with a revoked license, no insurance, no registration, improper plates, you name it. When I finally got my act together after many AUO’s I had 32 or 36 points. I just got my license back a couple years ago and as of last year my license is finally clean.

As long as you are in the DMV system, you can rack up points without having a license.

theres a few ferrari dealers out here, not need to worry. :slight_smile:

Who has decent rates around here for under 25? I’m 23.5 with a spotless driving record and I’m sick of getting bent over monthly by Allstate, paying full price for cars I drive a few times a year. I have 2 '60’s Beetles, one is a project and one is a restored convertible. I tried Hagerty a few years ago because I met all their qualifications, but they rejected me because my daily driver ('83 Honda) is too old. What the fuck does my dd have to do with the classic I’m insuring? Basically they dug around for any reason to reject me. I also want to use my year-of-manufacture NY plates and I need collectors insurance to do that in NY. Anyone?

When it comes to exotic cars, company to company, age to age, as well as area to area changes things DRASTICALLY. An insurance company will base rates on their experience with the car since it is such low production, theft of high-end cars in your area, and your area in general for damage/vandalism. So… if that company happened to have a bunch of idiots with those cars crack them up in a hurry, their rates will be higher. This is the reason that some companies will not insure a certain car, but may insure a car that happens to be 10x more dangerous for the average driver- they just havent been bitch slapped with a claim yet.

Geico is pretty friendly, as well as state farm and all-state. (and the obvious collector car companies) Progressive is ridiculous last I checked, and not many other companies want to talk to you about an exotic car.

I pay about 1800/yr for both of my vehicles through Geico with the whole nine yards… and Progressive is like 4x that. A few years ago however, Progressive was CHEAPER. State Farm and All state are about 2x the amount, though give huge discounts to older drivers & drivers with other types of insurance through them.

The only thing you can do is call LOTS of companies to get rates, and find out who doesnt even want to talk to you. make sure it is a pleasure vehicle as well as low-mileage, and better off quoting 2 cars if possible.

the reason they rejected you was cuz your daily sucks…

the reaon they can insure cars for so cheap is because if u have anice car, and a decent daily, chances are you are going to take care of your nice car…

now your 88 civic… is a POS

+1.

I did the collector car thing on my Fiero and there were a bunch of hoops to jump through but it was worth it for $80/year full coverage. They wanted nice reliable DD cars for both Jen and I, pictures of the garage where I keep it, and a signed statement from me stating no one under 25 would drive the Fiero and if they did they were not covered.

When you’re charging $80/year for full coverage you have to be pretty selective about who you cover. This is not insurance for daily driven cars, or even insurance for your “other” car because both your DD and your classic are POS’s that could break down at any time.