wtf </3 car insurance

Blah.
Just ranting.

I was going to get a Madzaspeed6.
Right?

Been thinking about it for a long time.
Then nearly killing myself on the way home finally made me want it even more.

So I do more research on it… Dig around.
I get really excited for it…
Then I’m like hey, I’ll check out the insurance prices, can’t be much higher than what I pay now, right?
WRONG :expressionless:

Progressive wants 474/month to insure it.
I pay 213/month now for my 99 Grandam GT. =(

I figure I can knock it down a little by taking the 10% insurance reduction which I keep putting off… I really need to take that.
Anyone have any thoughts on how to reduce insurance other than that?

Or know of any nice AWD sedan/coupes under 20k?

I really like the speed6 though, because it has traction control/stabil, AWD… Basically everything I’m looking for.
Not to mention it’s a little more speedy than the POS I have now =)

Basically after tonight, nearly dying 20 times…
Nearly getting stuck in snow after a plow dumped a ton of snow, I could just barely get up a hill, nearly drove in to a ditch a few times… I mean, I’m not all that bad of a driver, but when the car skids like wayfuckingcrazy so easily, I’m not a big fan of that. =S
Especially since I have new all season tires on them… with less than 5k miles :expressionless:

i’m just trying to make excuses for wanting a nice car :stuck_out_tongue:
and ranting.
=S
sorry
:]

how does the speed6 justify a higher insurance rate? wouldnt the trac control/stability n awd make it “safer” and therefor grant it a lower insurance rate? try checking other insurers.

progressive blows

try geico

Fuck, for a new Legacy, i was quoted like $280 for six months

:word: I have progressive right now…policy is up in about 2 months…

I just hit the 25yr mark so I am going to shop around a bit, seems like Progressive didn’t drop much…

pm testicle

Shit, I insure my RX-7 for less for 6 MONTHS than your quote for 1 month…

Definitely check out geico.

turbo cars are always more.

how old are you?

where do you live?

how many claims/accidents do you have?

ACV, actual vehicle cost…

that mazdaspeed is likely what, like $15000 - $20,000

your GrandAm GT is worth like $500, i have two colleauges with 2001,2002 Grandams that cannot sell them for $1500 cdn (listed in trader for months) and they are worth even less in the US.

combine that with accident rates for similar cars… maybe insco’s have the maszdaspeed6 grouped with the WRX / STI / EVO which have some seriously high accident ratios. The STI is one of the most commonly stolen vehicles in CAnada so it is likely similar in the US too.

Since the mazdaspeed6 is new they likely actuate from similar vehicles like those listed above.

Set of snows and sand bags in the trunk will make the car 100% better in the snow.

Mazdaspeed6 = Expensive
Grand Am = Cheap

Mazdaspeed6 = Fast
Grand Am = Slow

Mazdaspeed6 = Demographic of boy racers
Grand Am = Demographic of eldery drivers

That’s pretty much how the insurance company sees it.

Also, how did you “almost die 20 times” last night in an underpowered FWD vehicle? Here’s an idea… spend $400 on some snow tires and learn to handle what you have before jumping in something with WAY more power.

PM Testicle

how the fuck did you get quoted that much? you had to fuck up somewhere. Two months for you = 6 months for me on my car.

They did the same thing to me when I got a new car…:gay2:

Wow your insurance blows. On 3 cars with full coverage 300/100k liability I am just over 500 per 6mos.

yea im at 120 a month for 2 cars and one is a 2005 full coverage and 1 is a 95 just liability and in only 21, thats with Geico

all that needs to be said about that.

There’s typically about 120 square inches of tire between the car and the road at any given time. I prefer to have my particular contact patch be the best possible one for the worst possible conditions. In our climate, folks who follow the “one tire all year-round” mantra are just asking for an off-road excursion.

wow this is buffalo. everyone should know how to drive safley, no need for snow tires. yes a set of All seasons work wonders as long as u dont try to do 50mph when there is snow and ice on the ground. i just came back from ruby tuesdays droping off a friend to work and had no problem getting traction down main roads that havent been plowed or side streets. just drive caucious<-- SP and u wont “almost go into ditches, and die”

Paying $2400/year for a Grand Am is ludacris. I pay that a year for an '01 IS300 and an '08 RX350. Shop around.

I only pay about 1200 a year full coverage on a corvette and jeep…and I have 6 points and 1 accident :slight_smile:

Well, depends on his record. If he “almost died 20 times” in a light snow my guess is he drives way too fast and probably has accidents and tickets on his record.