WTF V. INSURANCE SO PISSED

okay so my insurance company can suck my dick.
that being said, how come on liability only, switching to a safer vehicle made my policy go up 150$ for 6 months?

day time driving lights
dual front air bags
abs

I switched from an 87 wrangler, with seatbelts that were rusting thru the floor, to a 97 grand am se. I only carry liability.

Anyone? I’m about to call and cancel and shop around.

Do you know what liaibility is?

So, 25 dollars a month is thread worthy…?..?

ask for a raise at work?

yes.

you pay it

I wish.

lol, awesome responses.

You need to shop around first, find a better deal, buy the new policy, then cancel your old one being that it is not legal to have a vehicle registered but uninsured.

Shop around. Could be they pulled your driving record and found some stuff they didn’t know about before too…

the only reason I renewed is because it was so cheap, or I would have shopped around first, then they jump the policy over for zero reason.

For the record, If I slam into you at 50mph with this car, vs the jeep, you will have a TON more damage for my company to foot the bill for with the jeep. this makes zero sense to me.

thankfully I’m only 60$ into this policy.

do you have allstate

It’s because boy-racer Grand Ams are more likely to be crashed than Wranglers.

no allstate is so criminal i switched from them after They wanted almost 2k for an 88 civic worth 200$

I just opened my second letter that they sent the same day, apparently to insure me from 1/12 to 1/18 they want an extra 9$ Lol. What a joke.

ok to try and keep you from whining more i think you should step back and realize that insurance is based on statistics for the most part.

so its safe to say that from the insurance companys view with the new shitbox that you drive there have been more people who have been in accidents with this type of vehicle as compared to your macgyver jeep.

think about people who actually drive mid 90’s pontiacs…

yeah… most likely new drivers and women…

I’m very happy with Allstate. I have my auto and homeowners insurance through them. The rates (for me) are very reasonable, and when we had a claim (fiance plowed a deer with her Jeep) the process was painless.
Something doesn’t seem quite right in your case. How old are you? How’s your driving record?

christ fry. I hope people arent racing these little 2.4s on the street, they are an 11 second 0 - 60 car.

probabaly, its robbing peter to pay paul. I switched to this winter beater to save on gas because the jeep was raping me and there was still too much salt to bring my truck out.

FML. My next winter beater is going to be a 50s shit box, with classic insurance fuck this.

I would say this thread could be closed, but apparently thats so fucking taboo on this srs bsnss forum. everything has to stay forever, even pointless threads.

didnt you start this thread?

:bloated:

Credit score too, weird as it is.

Yeah but they’re sporty looking. Think about how many d-bag teenagers drive around with systems in the trunk and a gangster lean in their badass Grand Am…