just asking wat u shift at

i drive a 89 240 i i was just wondering wat rpm u guy shift at for everyday driving because ive been told many different things just wondering
?

waht ever feels right i keep my rpm above 1500 cuz below that my car runs rough. normal eccel i put it at about 3000 rpm. when i race i never go above 6500 cuz it just seem like i have no power above that. just shift at what ever feels right for ya

2500 if its slippery, or i’m conserving gas (lol), 3000 normally, and 4-5000 is some asshole is tailgating me for going the speed limit. Excuuuuuse me!

Jeff 8)

Usually shift at 3000 going into te first 3 gears then 2500 into 4th or 5th . Racing… there is no point racing a stock 240sx LOL

No point? Of course there is! The point is that your stock car can kick the crap out of most other stock cars that your friends drive… (MY friends at least… cept for that 'Lude).[/quote]

[/quote]
Pretty cocky eh… JK Dude

[/quote]
Pretty cocky eh… JK Dude[/quote]

Hehehehe, just last week I smoked this… can’t remember the name, some guy in a wierd sports car, it was something like… Borshe? like that purple soup? I dunno, beat the crap out of him though, he was slow.

Jeff

9,000rpm every single shift.

there is a point racing stock cars its just embarasing to get beaten all the time. i loose to honda oddyseys, chevy malibus, olds aleros. all my friends cars the only think i have beaten is an old CRX and and a 89 dakota with a 4cylinder. the V6 dakota form 85 kills me. its sooooo sad

shift at 3 …gas is expensive

You lose to chevy malibu’s?? And Honda oddyseyes too?? I beat those in my car, maybe ya need a tune up?? I dunno, should be faster than that!!

OOOOOOOOOOOR is it driver error?? lol :stuck_out_tongue:

mailbu’s are close i loose to the new odyseys 220 hp Vtec. and mine you i race till my spedo cuts in so its the 3rd gear vtec that kills me. hey i know how to drive my car and it pull strong numbers on the dyno 135 and 135