Just picked up a LG8300.How do I go about DL'ing songs and things for free?

Was wondering If I can download the songs off my computer to the phone?I Think I heard you can just download them from shared files folder.I think Evolve said ya could and hopefully he’ll chime in here.
They want like $2 a song to DL from Verizon and then you have to pay so much a month as well.
Also anywhere to get free ringtones at?
D

yes u can… if ya buy the memory card… just switch the mp3’s over to wmv’s with wmp and put them in the “my music” folder…

Oh I was wondering this too. So memory card+memory card reader? I’d rather use my phone as my MP3 player than my ipod, although today I found myself trying to scroll wheel my cell phone…

buy the “micro” sd memory card put in in ur phone.connect it to ur comp. using the cord u have to buy form verizon (also includes the headphones that only work for the phone $30 extra) download itunes and put the songs u wanna put on ur phone into the playlist plug in the phone to ur comp. it will bring up a menu on the microsoft media player (cant think of he name right now) drag ur loaded music from itunes into the new menu from the windows player then hit sync.this is a shitty explaination but if u need more help pm me

Well I’m on Mac. I wonder if isync has my phone’s support yet.

hmmm sorry i didnt think about that lol try and plug it into the usb thats what i did with mine and it showed up (im not exactly comp. wizard)

I didnt buy the cord for it at all… I have the slot for the memory card on my computer… went to wmp and synced a ton of mp3’s and it turned them into .wmv’s. just copy all the .wmv’s u want on the phone and paste them into the “my music” folder… make sure u put the disc in the cell before u do all that so it sets it all up…wouldnt radio shack have a adapter so u can use your own head phones?

oh… bought the micro card for it at radio shack and it came with a adapter that lets it fit into a sd slot… 1 gig card for $60 and change…

should have ebayed it… i payed 22 for my 1 gig shiped to my house… havent been able to figure out how to put sings on it though… so this thread helped. lol

i love the 8300 by far one of the best flip phones out there…
first you will need a microcard/sd slot adapter. they also make usb adapters if i remember correctly.
heres a mp3 hack for yah…this will allow for you to store mp3s on the phone instead of wmas
hit the “ok” button and then “0” . that will ask you for the service code. put all zeros in there. then goto music setting and enable mp3 support.
you will need to store your mp3 files in the my_mp3 folder in order for them to play properly.

another nice program to use is called bitpim. that will let you create/transfer ringtones, pics etc. search for it. For this you will need that usb adapter to the computer unless you have bluetooth.

If you want to get video/movies on ur phone then i suggest you download software called SUPER by erightsoft. That will let you edit and convert video files to the 3GPP format that your phone video player uses.

how do u listen to the music with headphones then??

(i think i read it wrong i have the lg chocolate, but its still the same process i think)

THis was awesome… just loaded up my phone and didnt have to convert anything… thank you!