Verizon cell phone question

I have an LG vx9800 (aka: the V) and i just got a 1 gig miniSD card for it. The problem is that i downloaded some mp3’s from my computer to the card via the SD port on my laptop and they dont show up on the phone. The memory shows up used on the card but it dosent show any mp3’s in memory. Any ideas??

Hmm, I dunno man. I just picked up that phone today as well and I’m going to be buying the 2g card so that I can set my ringer to MP3’s…as well as some other cool stuff :slight_smile:

http://www.chrziz.com/lgvx9800/tutorials.php?tut=mp3_ringtone

let me know what you find out

download one from the wireless web on ur phone, and store it on the card on the phone, then put the card in ur computer… it might save to a specific folder on the card…

Just PM Evolve.

i cant believe more of your guys dont ask me.

vzw phones are set up to play wma files. they might need to be “hacked” to play straight up mp3’s

WMA’s ? why does it say MY MP3’s on the menu? i’m so confused.

I have the 8100, All of my files are mp3s and not wmas. I put them in the folder called ‘my mp3’ or ’ my music’ and they play fine.
I would assume you cant directly use your mp3s on the phone as ringtones, but i could be wrong.
I had to hack mine a bit to do so like ^^^ said. The V could be diff.

Why does verizon insist on crippling their phones so much?

I have this phone also, and have never tried it I only bought it for texts and didn’t really care about the mp3 player but if you figure it out LMK.

i’ll try saving them to a folder tonight and then loading them on the card…we’ll see

you must have never gotten the software upgrade. among other things, it set the phone to only play WMA’s. reasoning is not that they care if its mp3’s or not, but vzw and microsoft are in bed together.

there is a very easy service menu to get to. press menu, press “0”, then press “0” 6 times.

scroll to bottom, choose the music setting, (or maybe its mp3 setting) and choose “enable”