Just picked up this heap today

put the stock grill on, today and also figured out the code problem. The kid who had it before me had the car in race mode which is for 100 octain. I put the car back in to pump (93) wich is still the chipped version over stock. Both codes are now gone , and the car runs much much better. I had a feeling it was something stupid like that. I can tell there is still a slight exhaust leak but i am almost positive is just an exhaust gasket. So all in all , quite a good 10 mins of fiddling around with the car today.

tomm the bbs go back on and the asa’s come off and go up for sale. They dont look bad on the car but i just dont think im feeling them. So keep an eye out for a new fs thred.

also been doing a lil research into this … frankenturbo.com

for what i want out of this car, that seems to be right up my ally. I know its not much, but im not looking to go nutts. We shall see , first comes the exhaust gasket fix. Took her for a spin today around the block , man i need a dogbone in this bitch… wheel hop like a mofo

++phone pic++

want to buy a large port AEB head for it? ready to install, or you can build it. got one.

and dont waste time with that frankenturbo nonsense man. my friend had one and the turbo blew after he tuned the car, within 1k miles it was blown

im in no rush to purchase it just yet , but ive been watching the threds on vortex about the frankenturbo and i keep seeing great feedback and good numbers. For $1099 + upgraded injectors, and the unitronic 2+ (this is gonna be the hardest part to get seeing its $$)… i think 250whp and 300tq is quite impressive. Thats all im really looking to get out of this car right now. Im still new to the vw thing so i dont wanna dive headfirst. I figure, start slow … and learn. So yeah, like i said … im not gonna go out and buy it tonight , ill watch the progress a lil more before i make my decision. I just know at this point in my life, i deff dont wanna go bt.

No more asa , bbs ftw

tasty

Sooooooooooooooooooooooo Much better with the oem joints. Looks great man.

I will sell you my dogbone. $40, complete, bolt it in. poly bushing, forget who made them. but they are alot stiffer than the stock ones. ECS i want to say the bushing kit was from.

BUY MY ECU!!! :slight_smile:

the BBS’ look great… makes me want to get off my ass and finish my RC’s.

Side note, the damn paint they use on these wheels is NUTTY strong. worst wheels I ever tried to strip.

agreed. looks great with those wheels. its a pretty common wheel, but still, looks real nice. :slight_smile:

what sorta shape is the dogbone in … send me a pic or something

as for your ecu … if you still have it when the time comes, ill cop it off ya :slight_smile:

i fell the same way , common wheel … but man, after i put them on

i was much happier than i thought id be

after seeing the turbo and installing one, im not very impressed with it. the car didnt make much power either. the idea of a “hybrid k03” scares me, much like the eliminator kits. larger wheels on small chra shafts, or larger garrett chras stuffed into tiny KKK turbine housings. the efficiency of such turbos are just terrible. in the end you be better of just buying a basic pagparts 50trim kit for 2100, spend 1k on fueling, and run it at 15psi, make safe power for a stock bottom end, and have a full T3 frame turbo and the best manifold( non fabricated) on the market, and just be a set of rods away from going to a big upgrade.

but to me, ive been that route, and its a downward slope.

id stay K03, do an exhaust, chip, and an intercooler and be done and enjoy driving it with 200whp, 240tq.

well, it already has an exhaust and chip … without upgrading the turbo, is an intercooler even worth it yet? I know the side mount has some heat soak … but upgrading to a front mount on a ko3, I dont feel like it would be all that worth it. But then again, ii guess it cant hurt if im gonna upgrade the turbo anyway.

Do you know where i can find some charts on a stock ko3 with fmic? I cant seem to find much info on vortex

Dog bone is in 100% shape. nothing wrong with it. Ill snap a pic when I get home this afternoon. Its looks like the stock one with red bushings in it. lol

Intercooler upgrades allow you to raise the timing a notch or two. (stock turbo with APR chip, intake and exhaust I was able to bump it 1.5deg and be pulling around 3-5 when I logged which is a good spot to be in). Unless your shortening up the charge run, throttle response doesnt really change. very little is gained by getting bigger charge pipes (actually bigger isnt better, smaller increases air speed vs volume. the small turbo wont huff the ammount of air a 30R will so you want velocity over volumn).

a nice water meth kit would be fun too. keep the stock smic and run meth. does the same thing, cools the intake manifold and the air, and also effectivly rasises the flash point of the fuel (like running 93oct vs 87oct). so you can raise timing and make more power. run 93 oct and you can tune it almost like your running race gas. BUT, its consumable power like NOS almost. need to keep the water/meth tank full. if it goes empty and your on the agressive tune, knock and ping is right around the corner. you dont need to run meth either, you can run other mixtures of shit you can get from Advance Auto of you wanted, do some research and see what I am talking about.

i kinda liked the ASA’s but the BBS’ look just as good!

Yea , i didnt hate them. They where a good looing wheel and minnttt. But something about black wheels with a chrome lip, just wasnt feeling it on my car.

Now, they are fo saleee

thanks for the feedback :slight_smile:

next step wheel wise, spacers.

17.5mm rear, and 8mm front.

if you ever decide to go with meth injection, ive got 5 gallons of VP M1 i need to get rid of. the price is right if its needed

ive been readig 8mm is not hubcentric and will cause a shimmy while driving.

i love the look of 10f, 20r , and so far … i think thats the rout im gonna go. The car doesnt sit all that low so i think ill be safe.

as for the meth , i honestly havent even though about that yet. Still feeling things out, but ill remember that :slight_smile:

i ran 8mm with out an issue. did so for almost 5 years.

i’ve got 10mm with bolts if you want them man