KA-T dyno

Why is everyone hating on this thread? It’s nice to see a running KA-T around here, especially one that is being done right from the start.

264whp is NOT slow compared to the 130whp stock, especially in a car that weighs like 2800 lbs.

I do agree that for this particular setup the numbers should be higher and the powerband could be wider, but c’mon guys show some respect for Draggone. This is a build IN PROGRESS.

Good job so far man, keep it up!

You guys are clowns… the ones who say that 275whp isn’t worth showing are stupid. 275whp in a 240 is pretty damn quick. I’d rather have a 275whp 240sx than a 1000whp 240sx. Power isnt everything.

Ebay parts suck, don’t know why you guys bother putting that crap on the car.

On the other hand, the dyno graph is ok, and pretty average I guess.
Nothing to toot your horn over though :/:

Good point, if the 275whp 240sx ran 11’s all day, and the 1000whp supra, oops I meant 240sx ran low 12’s all day, I would take the 275whp 240sx.

Who gives a shit how much horsepower you make, I take the one that performs better in real time :cool:

You are probably right.
Compared to Most of the cars we work with, 275whp doesnt’ seem like much.
I’m a little spoiled I guess.

I know he has skills and I wish him all the best with his new endeavours.

It seems like a good build.
I’m sure the owner will enjoy it.

^^^ I do have skills. lol

I told the customer he should make more power, he does not care, lol.

This setup was done 2 yrs ago when I was working from garage at home, the car has been moved from shop to shop before coming to me where I did alot of maintenance on the car. He also has a turbo integra running 12psi and the 240 will walk away from it.

Next year you guys will see big things happening.

Yeah, when I got taken for a ride in this beautiful piggy, I was impressed. It felt faster than a 60k BMW 335i once the turbo spooled, and the open dump was loud as tits. lol

The only problem I have is the late spool…but some ppl like that. Once again congrats to the owner, keep it clean!

I hear the new 2009 mazda 6 pumps out 272HP.
Watch out for those Mazda 6’s Draggone. Might give you a run for your money :wink:

Stephen, this is SON. Don’t worry about showing the “big things”. There are a lot of idiots here. Just stay focused on your own stuff and ignore what people say just because the car doesn’t have 800whp.

In my opinion, response and a good powerband is a lot more important than that one big number that comes 1000rpm before your redline.

Why does everyone need to see big hp in the 240’s now a days… is an all around car not good enough anymore?

Not on SON it isn’t. 300whp here is considered a stock ka in the eyes of many.

right on the money

w/ 300hp as a DD you could smoke STI’s like al capone smokes the competition… 100% kill rate all day all night.

I’d be giddy if I had my altima @ 300 hp… I’m satisified with 230’s…

we’re all crazy… i love it.

then again… I am building my spare block lol…

Don’t take anything serious that comes from the mouth of Veloz.

He’s blown 2 SRs in the span of 3 months and drives other ppls cars on the track. I guess to him having big power over reliability is his thing shrugs

His opinion is worth EVEN less than Fobwalls when he’s joking.

Keep doing what you’re doing!

Taken from the Motivational Thread:

lmao, that motivational poster thread is awesome. Mangina scarred me for life.

And once again, peak power is so overrated. This is why domestic guys laugh at tuners with 1.8L motors pushing 600whp with a 500rpm powerband. lol

But I know nothing so I’ll stfu. :slight_smile:

In reality, I’d rather have power that is actually usable. Anything over 400hp in my eyes is gay. If your chassis isint built enough to handle the amount of power being output, then you fail.

And sure, 1000hp powerplants are cool, but i doubt you would ever catch one doing anything other then going in a straight line, and to me, thats just gay.

i hope no one saw mangina from my computer at work its scary. Not work safe.

and a low budget ka-t setup isnt

In a 240, over 400whp is pretty gay in my opinion. Unless you’re an all out drag car or something. Or maybe a drift car… but even most drift cars have around 350whp - 400whp max. There’s no point in going any higher. It’s just for bragging rights.

“Hey look at my 501whp car”

Stuff like that doesn’t even impress me anymore, it just makes me laugh now.