Ka-t Vacuum emission

Well guys i’m going to start with all the vacuum and emission stuff on my ka. I understand that doing all this emission removal is just done to decrease the chance of vacuum leaks, but it can get very complicated, thats why i just want to remove as little as possible.

From what i have seen on ka-t.org they say i can delete egr, pcv, etc. and just leave FPR and brake booster. But I was wondering what i can do to still have it pass e-test in ontario, cause if i delete all those emissions off the intake manifold it’s not going to pass. I’m going to block the egr for sure, put a breather on the valve cover, disconnect the egr temp. sensor (Read that this will avoid engine light) and clean up some of the hard lines on the IM but other then that i’m not completely sure. Do i need to do anything with the butterfly valves in the intake mani, like blocking them, if all im doing is just the above. I’m not too concerned about how it looks, I just want to do the delete the least amount possible.

Also, I got some IC piping that has 3 nipples in the coldpipe, im guessing the bigger one is for the IACV, and one of the smaller ones can go to the wastegate acuater. anyone know what do to with the third one?

I know most of you guys have sr’s but any input would be greatly appreciated

Well good sir, what they say on ka-t is correct. You really only need those two vacuum lines. In my old 240 ka na, I had only those two plus a new cat, retarded timing and I passed emissions no problem. If you have a ka-t you should be able to pass if you just make the car run leaner for the test with a cat. But each ka-t is different so I can’t really say.

arite at least i know it should pass. but i find all those lines on the intake mani to be confusing, maybe down the raod i can remove them, but for now i just wanna get away with removing the egr and leaving the rest as it is. it should work right?

Sure but the egr is most of those confusing wires and vacuum lines, other than the charcoal canister
Really you only need the big brake boost line that goes into the intake, the FPR vacuum and the IAC tube. If you choose to take everything else off u just need to plug the biggest of the little pipes that come out from under the front of the throttle body, or you can use that for a BOV.

yea ill see how it all goes, if i do decide on yanking it all out then ill use one of those hardlines for the BOV and plug the others. right now im just trying to be creative in getting my gtir turbo to fit in my s14

just get a fake etest. i highly doubt itll pass

should have gone with a sr20 or rb25 unless you did the ams advanced rebuild kit for the ka it’s not worth it.

well yea if it doesnt then i know someone who can do it for me. And the only reason why i went ka-t is because it was swapped when i bought it and it has low kms on it. And ka-t’s can make some nice power, just gotta make sure the tune is proper and your not pushing it over it’s limits when it stock.

Lmfao, your an idiot.

Trevor clear your inbox man…sorry for the thread jack

^send me a text man, 416-993-9208.