KA24DE Fuel consumption?

Seems like the S14’s have better fuel consumption.

I’m prett surprised at how poorly they are on gas…

But no one has been posting about the SR20’s, i know that it should be good if you stay out of boost, but i’d like to get some kind of example of how they are.

I need the speed and good fuel economy but i don’t really wanna go honda, and it seems i have no other choice!

:cry:

Save a few bucks and fill up using regular 89 octane gas. There’s no reason to use high octane in the KA.

well… believe it or not, my car’s check engine light comes on if I use anything other than Sunoco’s 91 Octane gas. I have been tracking this for a year and have noticed that if I fill-up with Sunoco 91, car stays fine but as soon as I use 89 or even lets say Petro-Canada 91, the check engine light comes on. This is also true for my friends '95 S14. He didn’t believe me at first but his light stayed on and never went away. He filled up at Sunoco with 91 4-5 times and the light went away!

The user manual recommends to use 91 anyways… So what do you say? :slight_smile:

I see anywhere from 150km - 600km to a tank on my SR. You will not go fast and save on gas. Sorry

Wow, check engine light eh? That’s one finicky car you are driving. Seriously though, The manual askes for 91 but there is no reason for it. With the KA’s low compression there is no need for high grade gas. Ask any Nissan technician and he’l tell you the same. Still, if you feel better using 91 go ahead it won’t hurt…It’ll just cost you more.

Doesn’t 91 help clean out the carbon? Or is that a myth?
I know people have told me to fill up with 91 once or twice before doing an e-test.

BoMex, thanks for the info, i’m assuming the 150 per tank is when your constantly in boost?

Under normal driving, is it easy to acheive 5-600 on a full tank on a SR??

lol, when i push the car at full boost you can almost see the gas meter go down.

I’m commuting with my SR and i get almost exactly 500km’s per tank, but i accelerate slow & don’t boost.

heh i averaged 275 i think?

thats with no o2 sensor and being in boost for the whole summer

GT

Using higher octane fuel such as sunoco 94 will burn cleaner and if consistently used over a period of time it will result in less carbon build up in your engine compared to say 87 octane.

There was a big write up on this i found a while back. If i can find it ill post up the link.

I was ferrying my Ka24E car around for repairs taking it pretty easy and I figured out something around high 20’s very low 30’s on the highway for milage (95kph), not really that bad at all compared to the giant premium slurping pig Supra.

When I drove up to the cottage with my Sr Blacktop I got there and back on 1 tank, I was really surprised.

It came out to around 620-630 km’s for the tank.

But thats running only 7 psi, and a lot of Highway…

oh hwy at about $40 a tank around 70 cents I can get 550km np.
city between 400-450