witch do you find better on gas?

witch motor do you find better on gas k24de or sr20det?

sr 20 all the way by like 150 kms more per full tank fuck ka24de that pice of shit engine no power very bad on gas and over 100 pounds more heavy then a sr

I think it depends on how you drive…

sr20 forsure. Its turbo its torquey what else can you ask for

To many wrong points in this thread…

The ka is not shit

And

The sr has no torque.

Gas mileage depends on a lot of things other than which engine.

i get 480km on a tank with my ka. normal driving.

Just got 687 to a tank from my 91 KA. Went to Windsor all the way doing 140, 2 passengers and came back doing 120 with 3 passengers and full trunk.

I could have gotten more, but I had to fill up since there were no more gas stations after that point. So I would say…she gets around 800km to a tank or maybe even 900 if you are doing 100 all the way.

If you drive the same with either engine, they get the same mileage.

ka auto- 650km
redtop SR- around 640km
blacktop SR- 600KM

yes i have 2 SR’s

I used to get awfull mileage with my ka. ~350kpt. Its worse on the highway. Its at 3000rpm+ when you are at highway speeds in 5th. Lets see what I get with my ca18det…

B20VTEC

Heh, I get shit km on my KA, around 400 for a full tank. its shit. Not sure whats wrong. Ive checked everything.

I’ve got 760km to a tank on my CA. That was mixed city, but mostly hiway.

I once got 10km to a 1/4 tank on my old KA…fuel dripping out of exhaust…sweeet.

ka’s have more torque than sr’s?

the ka is better on gas not by much but is better. for 1 if its stock u can pump 89 or just regular and ur fine. for the sr itll run on 89 but very crappy so ull pump supreme. and it costs more but millage wise they are similar.

I get about 200 km for 40 litres in my sr. I like boost alot.

I get shit mileage on my KA. Checked almost everything, it still wants to run rich.

6-8km/L with mostly highway driving. This means 350-420km per tank, or in other words 16-19mpg.

Edit: Just a warning, this thread might turn into a KA vs. SR for other purposes than just gas mileage, and then there will be shitloads of misinformation, don’t take anything about KA’s seriously from most SON members. Go to KA-T.org. Do proper research.

Easy now bobbo, what have you learned from the 2871r powered sr’s?

being taken they are driven the same normal manner around town

the sr in my s14 now gets better gas milage than my ka did

geez, which is better on gas…

the one that takes 87 octane or the one that takes 94 octance which is $0.25-$0.50 more per litre, mine gets 94 only, I suppose you could go with 91 but why

tough question…

lol what kind of post is this.

just waiting for another ka vs sr thread to come out of this haha

were on a roll!