ka24de-ka24det

So im looking at converting my KA24DE to a KA24DET but am concerned about the fact that the motor has 160 XXX MILES on it. Would I run into problems of failing parts if im just doing say a t28 running maybe 7-10 lbs? im guessing that would give me around 250-275 RWHP?

thanks

Gary

buy my built ka-t setup complete with aem ems just needs a tune (with a tune it is good for 450+whp) 4k firm.

id recommend a rebuild first. plus from the money that you spend into rebuilding and machining your block, with the turbo set up you will be ahead of yourself if you were gonna take an sr20 route.

u sure about that? sr swap is gonna run you 3k no matter what way you look at it…

It cost me right around 9k to do everything i did to my engine…
turbo 1200
wastegate 400
rebuild 3000 (new timing assembly ams rods arias pistons new oil pump machine work gaskets etc etc)
manifold 1000
clutch setup 800
injectors 300
aem ems 1500
greddy fmic 250
boost controller 300
custom i/c piping and d/p 300

and i will sell it all for 4k

sr swap less than 3k you can do it for about 2200

I think his question is will he run into problems boosting a ka with 160,xxx on it.
Id say yes. IMO Id agree with turbo200. Go the rebuild first.

most ppl will add a fmic small battery replace some of the gaskets replace the driveline oils plus any other problems that might arise, thats why i say 3k

How about you do a compression test on the motor, if its above 160 PSI across the board thenits fine. Mileage has nothing to do with reliabilty.

Was going to be getting into a new motor but i think im going to be stuck with what ive got and a turbo setup. hopefully as long as i keep it under 5 psi im thinking i will be okay. If anyone has any further insight to this i would appreciate it. im looking for around 250-275 hourse

Cheapest route i’ve ever seen on a ka-t was ~$700. . .t28, ebay mani, S-AFC and a couple other things i can’t remember. . .the guy lived in vancouver . . . not sure how long that would last though, I think he was only running like 7-8 psi. . .

5 psi…Dont even bother turboing it them. You can run 16 PSI on a stock KA with a good tune and setup.

less than 5 psi… whats the point of boost? might as well build it na for less…
im pretty sure you can buy some one’s old stock sr turbo set up if money is an issue.
shit if ive got a stock manifold that you can have for free. you could also buy my 28rs =) LOL.
in all honesty i second nis240…16 lbs or go home.

cmon 9 psi through a holset, on a 160+ km old drifted motor, it’ll work and its fucking retarded fun/fast lol

so just to be a pain in everyones ass im going to ask this:

i have heard a lot of people saying you cant run more than 5 psi on stock ka and have it last more than 6 months… im assuming that is a myth from what you guys are suggesting?

Thanks for the input BTW.

MYTH!