KA24E HELP!!!

Ok so long story short…

My buddy races a 91 Nissan Stanza with us at Holland. We are rebuilding the engine in the off season.

I purchased a parts car for the 5 speed swap parts.

I also purchased a low mileage KA24E engine out of a 240 today.

I got it home and they are completely fucking different 2400 engines. FUCK.

Does anyone know if I will be able to swap the necessary parts from the Stanza engine to the 240 engine.

The biggest difference I see is the front of the engine (of course RWD/FWD) The accessories bolt on differently and it does not appear to have the mounting area for the engine mount for the FWD.

Also on the FWD the dizzy is in the back of the head. On the 240 the Dizzy comes off the front of the engine out of the timing change cover.

FUCK I hope you 240 gods can shed some light for me!

Yea, i believe theyre completely different motors (accessories idk) You could always find part numbers and see if they match

SR20s are the same way, they had them in G20s and silvias… totally different even though same engine code

FFFF

I was hoping to avoid a rebuild if I could just drop a low mileage engine in instead.

The price was right on the 240 engine, I couldn’t pass it up, but I guess I’ll have to re-sell if it isn’t going to work.

Sell it, and find a Sentra SER spec V motor lol, fastest stanza ever?

Has to be SOHC.

hope ya didnt spend too much =(

seriously?

Not too much. Its my own fault for taking the short way out of rebuilding a motor.

O well, and yes I’m serious.

same thing with the ka24e pickup engine vs the ka24e 240sx engine

So theres 3 types of KA24E engines out there? FFFFFFFFFFf

you could maybe try swapping the heads over? might not work tho, but prolly b worth a shot…

I have the engine out of the Stanza now, they are completely different block castings. The heads look to be the same, but the intake is backwards on the Stanza, and the distributor is sticking out the timing cover instead of the back of the head…

Anyone want to buy a nice KA24E for a 240sx?

that sucks

same heads different blocks, nissan must have thought the engine code was to be given by the head. the nissan pickups use the old z24 block with the ka head and all three engines have completly different intake set ups. if he cant sell the 240 engine put the 240 head on the stanza engine, since the 240 cam, i know for a fact is a little more aggressive and the head i assume will flow a little better than the stanza or truck head

Hmm, ok I might just do that!

Thanks for the input!

noo problem, do it! or you can do the dual cam ka24de swap from the altima’s, but that might make the car too modified for the racing you do.

Yea it would, we are limited to FWD SOHC.

nismotune is the single cam man!