KABOOM

that sux, was this the 6.0 or no?

sucks man, +1 for a LSx project

should have told the guy to shut the fuck up and get back to cleaning where he belongs. lol
or dont you have a job to do, i left some oil there for you!

sorry to hear about the car. nice time! good luck with the build

ehh its ok jim guy … i saw/seen you going up there … good thing you did not have to find a way to get it home

Welcome to the party! Sorry to hear man…

Yeah, you left a nice Exxon Valdez trail down the return road. Kept trying to straddle it! Car sounded good as it left, I saw a smoke screen on the top end & said, yikes!!! At least it happened at the end of the year. “You can rebuild it, better, stronger & faster!”

I got the motor apart. It doesn’t look too bad. What I thought was detonation turns out I exceeded the limit of the rods. I also found out the upper RPM popping I was hearing was the distributor retarding because the bolts that locked it in were loose. If I would have changed the rotor at the beginning of the season I would have noticed the bolts loose and would have gone faster!!! I was limited to 6800 instead of 7200 is here I wanted to be. Here are some pics of the destruction.

This is the passenger side

This is the driver side. Notice the rod rod stuck in the block

This is what bank 1 looks like when I took the head off. Looks pretty good?

This is the head from bank 1. Not too bad. No bent valves.

This is the windage tray when I took the pan off.

This is the oil pan with some metal. It had 2 quarts of oil when I drained it. No wonder why I had oil pressure the whole time.

Here is the rode that broke. Clean break, at least the rod bolts held together.

Here is the piston. The skirt hit the rod in the block.

This is the rod in pieces. The bearings are still good!!!

Well after going through the motor I came to a conclusion with 2 options. The first was the cheap chooch way. I would get another block, 1 new piston, a whole new set of rods(H-beam), and reuse everything I have since it’s still good and go with a 200-300 shot for next year. OR spend some money and build the 408 I was planning on since I have the rods and crank, get some pistons, a big solid roller cam, and keep the same heads and run the spray. I have all winter to decide.

Well at least it went out good not some shitty little break. Either way i know you will build it up better and be faster next year. Can wait to race with you some more.

I would just build the 408.Why waste the time if you were thinking of building one anyways.By the time you have the crank checked for cracks and a new block + all the parts this one is going to need you probably wont have much more into the 408.the more cubes the better.

LS1

4g63 swap duh

This coming from a guy who got rid of a 500+c.i. mopar for a little 231 c.i. Buick. (and went faster!!)

Welcome to the dark side…:roflpicard:

Just add race fuel, throw in some timing, add a lot of boost & a liberal squirt of alchy & hope she stays together.

ouchy :frowning:

I still would take more cubic inchs on any engine.Hell i would love to twin turbo my 499 stroker and put it in something.But i can say stroking the 440 was so well worth it.You can run a bigger cam and still idle better than if it was the stock stroke.You can run less gear because you have more torque.I would say build the biggest cubic inch engine you can afford.But a track only car you may look at it different.Because running racegas,higher compression,real high stall,alot of gear and a huge cam on the street sucks.