KABOOM

Well today I ran a Lancaster for the last test and tune. It turned was my last test with this motor. On my last pass I hit 3rd gear it pulled and KABOOM, smoke everywhere. The car had perfect oil pressure and the coolant temp was normal. I drove it back the pits and found out #5 and #6 went through. I was pissed!!! I ran the car like I always have been 30 degrees total timing with 125 shot. I was very discouraged in how could this happen??? The car did however run the best pass ever on 125 shot in the 1/8th. It went 6.96@97.6 with 1.51 60ft and I beat the other car. I just got it on the lift and took both #5 and #6 out. Both plugs look fine, but #5 has oil on it. The electrodes are both intact. It turns out only #5 broke. The rod broke on the bottom where it meets the crank and on the top where it meets the piston. I know I was pushing the GM powered rods to there limits and they have been met today. Time for new block and new set of rods and pistons. I will post picks when I get it apart.

unfortunate

that sucks bud…well that what you get from a competitive sport tho…good luck on the next build

sorry to hear… I wish i could cut 1.5’s… lol. dayummmm.

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa207/livin4hockey/billymays.jpg

At least it went out with its best pass!

Poor Jimbo i had to wait an hour while they cleaned ur shit up LOL. O btw my uncle was going to knock that guy out that came over bitching at you but he didnt want to get you in trouble LOL.

check for bent valves too, heads dont like being hit by pistons.

sucks man… however the engine couldnt have picked a better night

Well you cut your best and worst tonight, good time to do it, nice upgrades to come during the offseason!

Ugh. After all the shit you went through with your alternator :frowning:

Well I guess it’s on to bigger and better!

ah shit, everytime i get the Nitrous bug, someone i know blows up WTF? Build it bigger and better, perfect time of year for a boom.

someone was bitching about jim breaking his motor?

LS1 time :tup:

is that the same motor you have been running for years?

since the

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_U73f0SRpYA0/RkRGpl9tIGI/AAAAAAAAAUY/AA1Q_FYcIYc/IMG_0547.JPG

days :slight_smile:

but i agree it’s time for an LS1 …

the the “big dukers” you woulden’t shut up about forever

:lol:

I thought the plan was to go big block?

Yea one of the track guys drove up and was bitching because he didnt stop and pull to the side even tho it happened at the top end of the track.

Yea 90mph + oil on slicks = great time to swerve to the side of the track :spank:

wow, I woulda told him to go fuck himself.

:cry:jimbo

same thing happened to me a few weeks back