ken gushi's mustang unleashed

http://musclemustangfastfords.com/features/0412mm_drive/

Thanks Flair, I’ve also read possitive reviews from R&T and the TO Star amongst others. The new mustang has an Aluminum SOHC (no pushrods) engine, a 57/43 weight distribution, 12.5"/11.5" brakes and VVT. It will also have a huge aftermarket and it looks like some japanese tuners will make parts for it too. For the money I’d take a mustang over a 350z

Of course it’s also a porker at nealy 3500lbs but that’s not a big deal…it also has 4 subwoofers

Bang for Buck the mustang is certainly on top.
If you like going fast in a straight line it’d be great, if you prefer carving corners like me you’d look elsewhere.

Who said Nascars cant handle? Ever seen them run a road course? Watkins Glen? They are excellent handling cars actually…

G testing has more to do with mass and tire choice then suspension in those tests…

lol Japanese dude drifting a american car… soo ironic… :lol:

How is that anymore ironic then American and Canadian guys drifting Japanese cars?

the road-course NASCAR’s are set up entirely different then the oval-track ones. but still solid rear axle i think.

i’m not a big fan of Gushi driving a Mustang, not that it’s not a nice car. just doesn’t seem right i guess.

not that i like Formula: D either.

A NASCAR racer will outhandle any car you’ll ever own.

.87g to .88g is relatively insignificant, especially since a solid axle makes no difference on the skidpad anyways, besides weight.

Don’t forget the AE86 - a superb handler - also has a solid rear axle.

Actually the mustang should be quite nimble once some weight is trimed. The other advantage it has is that you can stuff massive amounts of rubber under the fenders. an IRS doesn’t mean as much when your running like a 9/7 or stiffer spring rate…when the suspension doesn’t move it doesn’t really matter lol.

its fugly

new mustang = old lincoln + icky sheet metal

Can’t remeber what lincoln called it … that Euro ford thingy with the supercharger. Either or, that’s what the new Mustang is, they just changed the styling.

GNs … or any other, bleh … don’t handle.

NASCAR = tube frame, multimillion dollar investment, tire and suspension packages already determined. If you take a NASCAR off the track, it will turn right on its own. C&D did a “who’s fastest, best handling” etc between CART, NASCAR and Formula 1. Heh, the NASCAR didn’t leave a single pylon untouched in the slalom.

Mustangs = handling nightmare

As for solid axle vs. IRS … neither one will make a car “handle” any better over the other. Yes, a Hachi is a solid axle. Do you think that matters more than light weight? New Dodge pick-em-ups are IRS … does that mean it can or can’t handle?

Mustang doing 12s on slicks out of the box? Was it really windy? Like 150MPH windy?

And no, the Cobras aren’t fast either. Take a look at yet another lawsuit Ford is trying to dodge. Seems the Cobras at best are making 55hp less at the flywheel than advertised. Ooops, guess Ford forgot to tell everyone the Uber powerful motor the car was supposed to come with was scrapped way back in the early stages of testing. Now they’re trying to counter sue the engineer who built the frigging thing to keep him from telling the world … too late.

Will this one handle? Of course. Any car with a tuning factory behind it can be made to do whatever they damn well want to.

And as for them drifiting an American car … it’s the same reason they’re selling the 350Z as the new Skyline. Japanese people are as sick of S13s and S14s Skylines etc as anyone possibly could be.

For anyone else that walks in and buys one … it will be just like every Mustang ever built - too much motor for not enough car.

Hey boMex WTF? Your supposed to say:

New mustang = teh big brown loaf!

Come on man what’s wrong with you? :lol:

mustang=old lincoln+icky sheet metal???

The new mustangs are all fiberglass and plastic

Supercharger on a Lincoln???no lincoln ever came with a supercharger.

The new cobras are faster, there rated at 380 hp from the factory, in

actuality they make that to the wheels bone stock. With bolt ons the

cobras can easily make 500+ at the wheels.

The problem your talking about was in 99 when the 4 valve motor first

came out in the cobras and the GT’s were out performing them , but ford

did a recall and changed the intake manifold and the exaust and that

solved the problem.

Look at this guy! The blonde… They ALL have nice ta tas! :smiley:

Normally I like to bash mustangs, but mr200 who has a lot more knowledge and credibility than me already did a great job, so I’m gonna stfu and be happy :lol:

and G35 is the skyline not 350z

…and S12’s are sooooo much better right???

Uhm, yeah … Lincoln never supercharged anything.

The LSC, Lincoln Super Coupe … I guess it was just “Super - thanks for asking.”

And then the LS, that’s just a big belt driven hair dryer for all those rich Lincoln owners who want to dry their hair at 15 psi.

IIRC they originally wanted to use the Lincoln/Tbird chassis, but “aggressive cost cutting” from Ford led them to try the Focus instead. Yup, a RWD car built on a FWD platform. They’d never do that! Why, that would be like taking a crappy sedan like a Contour and building a very expensive prestige car in RWD or AWD trim out of it and selling it for way too much money! Ford would never do that! Except for maybe that once that they did it.

And they’re not fiberglass, they wouldn’t weigh as much as my Charger if they were.

Which is why a) I think it sucks, b) it doesn’t deserve to be called a Mustang.

S12s better? Well, define better. I’d trust one, I guarantee it would handle circles around a Mustang too. And it was built 18 years before the '05 Mustang.

Then again, it’s a Nissan, and 510s don’t burst into flames when they get rear-ended.

Next time you want to quote a magazine article or a newspaper review … stop and think. When was the last time you ever read a bad review from one of the top 5 automakers? Hard to pan the company that pays for yours. Can’t very well have a “Ford sucks” article right next to the giant 5 page Ford ad.

Why, that would be like taking a crappy sedan like a Contour and building a very expensive prestige car in RWD or AWD trim out of it and selling it for way too much money! Ford would never do that! Except for maybe that once that they did it.

doesn’t one of the jaguars have the same platform as the contour

I think it was the type S, but I could be mistaken w/ name

edit: and I think it has AWD too

It was the taraus ED!!

Also hmm the Mustang AKA the “Rustang” AKA “White trash Ferrari”

:twisted: