ken gushi's mustang unleashed

no. its based off of the contour

and its the jaguar x-type.

The lincoln LS is built on the Jaguar X type plat form and are a 3 liter V6 rwd and are not supercharged.

All lincoln LSC’s also known as the mark 7’s have a 5 liter V8’s in them and are exact same motor inthe 87-93 mustangs, and are not super charged.

LSC means luxury sports coupe.

soo I mistaken the X and the S … they were to close on the keyboard :stuck_out_tongue:
… and the order was wrong…

but at least someone agrees w/ me that it was the contour :smiley:

Maxima’s have a solid rear axle…

And who ever said my 240sx was a sports car in the first place?

12.8 second 1/4, I call bullshit. So ur saying that 13.9 as rated for that car by excellent drivers is slow (meaning your a better driver) i highly doubt that. A cobra 400 hp 400lb.ft tq runs 12.9 1/4 and the z06 does 12.8. I highly doubt a car with 305 hp runs 12.8 1/4 baha, no matter how good the driver is.

The '03/'04 was rated at 390hp and the dyno results that I’ve seen for stock cobras are about 335whp on SCC’s dynojet. It would be great if you could post a link to the dyno results where a stock SVT dynoed at 380whp. The SRT-4 is a bit of a different case where the whp is as high as the bhp rating but that has been explained by the lack of standards when testing IC cars. DCX tests the car in a situation that would heat soak the IC and show lower numbers. It really is a fortunate fluke.

lincoln LS built on the x-type platform?

do you have an article that says this?

The Lincoln LS and Jag S Type are the sister cars. The X Type share many parts with the Contour/Mystique/Modeo. It was an honest mistake to make.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I thought that the SVT Mustang shared some parts and maybe even the platform with the LS and S type

I think it was a dumb mistake, not honest :stuck_out_tongue:
everytime I see a x type jaguar, I see a contour lol the shape looks exactly the same, hence the same platform

yea thats why i was asking for an article where he got his info from because i know for a fact that the x-type is based off of a contour

it is the s type, i got confused between the both of them. Does’nt matter, neither one is super charged.

my dads mach1 did go 12.8 we had a et street on the back and removed the air filter and air silencer from the inner fender. He was launching around 5000rpm and had a 60 ft of 1.6, He lives in wasaga and next time i go down there i’ll post his time slips.

http://www.sn8k.com/2003/dyno/index.shtml

http://members.aol.com/hotrodharrys/index2003.html

http://home.comcast.net/~juiced46/

The S Type is available with a supercharger. As well thanks for the dyno sheets.

yea, the s-type R

sorry. what i meant was neither Lincoln’s were supercharged.

I did some digging around and I got in touch with APEX Motorsports (the company who did the dyno run for the 370 ‘whp’ cobra in Flair’s first link) Turns out they offer SAE corrected dyno result from their DynoJet 248. The 370hp number is a corrected number. Using the accepted 15% drivetrain loss number that SVT is actually huffing out 314whp, which is still impressive. The 20hp difference from the claimed 390 bhp could be due to the car not being broken in yet since the dyno run was performed when the car was new. This just goes to show you that you always have to watch out for ‘corrected’ dyno numbers and 1/4 mile times.

ok, here’s the link to what I was originally whining about,

www.blueovalnews.com/lawsuit_ford

The 1999 Cobra being severely overrated, forced Ford to quickly offer a performance package to bring it up to their advertized rates. This took them so long it actually killed the Cobra for 2000.

Now it seems they’ve gone the other way since 2003 and actually underrated the power.

Either or, if you ever want to be scared out of owning a Ford, just go to

http://www.blueovalnews.com

or for secret recalls, leaked documents, internal memos, quashed recalls, lawsuits, what you a consumer can do, tattle lines etc. for all brands, try

http://www.lemonaidcars.com

there’s a very interesting court action dealing with Canadians who got poopy Shell gas too.

As for the supercharged Lincoln, I know they exist, as I’ve been in one, and seen under the hood. I seriously doubt the owner would have had it added, but I guess it is possible.

Either or, if they weren’t supercharged … the point was that the new “Mustang” is no longer a Mustang, being built on the LS. And Ford has a longstanding history of screwing owners, constantly putting their lives at risk to save $$.

And the Mustang has never been able to compete with the Camaro/Firebird (off the showroom floor). That to me is sad, having driven all of them.

My Mustang history is a bit rusty, but IIRC it all started back in the early 60s when Lee Iaccoca thought it would be a good idea to stuff a V8 into a Falcon. That’s been the mentality ever since … too much motor, not enough car. Well, except for the dark dark Mustang II days.

For those of you still saying the Mustang can run around the track please note that in 1990 DECH prepped 5.0’s won 28 out of 30 Solo 1 events and also held ALL the track records.

for those of you still glowsticking please chill.

Is it just me or when i think of that dave coleman guy from SCC or whatever do i think of mike as like his canadian identical twin?

LOL shut up…I have more dish than Coleman