Key stuck in the ignition!!!

Ok, so the title explains it all…
the release button isnt doing much to help the situation…so pretty much i cant get the key OUT…it will turn freely and do whats its supposed to but…yea…i need it out.

Any advice or someone whos been in the situation before?

is your car auto? If so hit your shifter up. then try to get the key out.

yea its auto…i’ve tried hitting it…and fiddling with the key aswell.

is the steering wheel locked also?
or just the keys

Just the key.
It also doesnt seem like the release button goes in to much.

this has been explained before… and how to get it out is in your user manual that came with the car. There is emergency release tab inside the steering column where your key hole is. u have to take off the key hole bezel that surrounds it and there should be a tab, push it and your key should be out

for your auto shifter… there could be somthing wrong or slack with the key release cable under the center dash, which is why your release button isnt popping back out. to check that take off the center dash peice and shift bezel and u will see the auto mechanism and the cable

I’ve also read up on that cable…i’ll be doing a 5speed swap on the weekend…should i just get rid of it all together?

yes but i read up somewhere u will need to jump a few wires for the manual swap to make the reverse, key release to work

Any idea where you had read this?
Im doing a 5spd swap with a friend this weekend and this has never really mad an appearence until you’ve mentioned it to me.

i have this problem 2. take off the cover arnd ur key and release button. below the release button is some pinlike catch, just use another key or pen and just feel fot that catch, if you hit it u can just it the release button and take ur key out. i have to do it pretty much everytime.

Check Nico’s technical Faq for 240sx

Why do you have to do it everytime?

becasue his auto key release cable may need calibration

Now once i go 5spd that wouldnt effect me correct?