kia forte coupe

my bad didnt look hard enough I guess…but thats still a 2.4l their power to cc ratio still sucks but hey to each his own you want a kia have at it…

most people who buys these kind of cars don’t give jack shit about how many cc’s or HP it puts down. Most care about MPG,reliability,cost.
If Kia really wanted to focus on performance, they would’ve dropped a 4b11 in that thing…After all, Kia is owned by Hyundai.:lmao

love that ricer mentality.

hp/L ratio omgz!

thats right dude ricer all the way bro…vvvvvtttttaaaaaaakkkkkkkkkk

well with that stupid statement above, yes, you have that mentality.

I’m just waiting for another cheaper brand to come into the market to take over the negative stigma from the Kia/Hyundai brand.

They have been making good cars for I’d say about 5 years now.

d-umper

:banghead:banghead:banghead:banghead:ponder

Well I guess im a ricer too then. If your gonna compare apples to apples then do the 2.0 honda vs the 2.4 kia…I bet the Honda will STILL get better mileage and makes more power. And for the price, ummm HONDA! Even if its 3000 more the name Honda and its “track record” is WAY better than Kia…Now that Ive typed an entire paragraph saying the exact thing that EVERYONE on the planet knows (even the ppl at kia), we can continue to argue.

my 80yr old grandma, thats who. she has an 03 or 05 or something Rio, bought it new CASH. all 6 grand worth :lol

go gram!

news flash : hp per liter means nothing if you still are running high 14s. at low 90s mph.

not saying your civic is slow, im just not saying its fast.

now about this KIA… i dont think they were thinking performance, but its in the class with the civics and tC scion, so ya have to try to compete with the market some how. its tough when your direct competiton is Honda and Toyota(scion) who are known to be some of the most reliable cars on the planet.

and guess what, people were saying the same thing back in the 1980’s and 90’s about honda…

and hp/liter doesn’t mean shit…go play with your neons and altezzas…

That’s what people were saying about Hyundai for a while. Now both the Genesis sedan and coupe are turning heads.

Every company has to start somewhere. Honda did it. Nissan did it. Ford/Chevy is doing it now. Do you know how many YEARS Ford/Chevy put out utter GARBAGE!? Now they are back to making good cars from the looks of it.

Give each car a chance.

Ok now I guess were gonna get on the argument that HP/Liter means nothing…lol

YAAA WOOOO, I have a 2.0L and it makes 42 Pavement Pounding Pones! This is basically what your saying…Now who dosent know what the fuck their talking about?

The Honda Civic DX is a car known for its great mileage. In 1980 a civic had 67 horsepower (HP) and a 1.5 liter (L) engine size. 67 HP / 1.5 L = 44.6 HP per liter. In 1994 the same trim civic had 102 HP with a 1.5 L engine. 102 / 1.5 L = 68 HP per liter. In 2007 the same trim civic had 140 HP and a 1.8 L engine. 140 / 1.8 L = 77 HP / liter. As can be seen, we are making more and more HP per liter but the car itself went from 32 MPG to 34 MPG between 1980 and 2007, respectively. Granted, this is a 2 MPG improvement (and improvement of 5% from 1980 to 2007) but horsepower increased from 44 HP/L to 77 HP/L (and improvement of 42% from 1980 to 2007!). Its amazing that we have the technical experience and ingenuity to improve our HP / L ratio by 42%. In 1980 the Civic weighed 1797 lbs but in 2007 it ballooned to 2586 an increase of 800 pounds!

in other words if you were engineering this shit you would have lost the world or whoever you were working for 30 years w/ your mentality.

FUCK YOU, I WIN!

http://www.chefseattle.com/articles/3145-miles-per-gallon-car.html

I think your just jelous for those of us that have “neons and altezzas…”

Who the fuck is this kid?..Your recockulous! You better do some research before you go throwing that “ricer” term around. There’s some ricers in this forum, just like any, but MOST of the ppl that your arguing with are FAR from it.

mike, youre a ricer with a slow car. go back to the kiddie pool until your ready to swim with the men that drive honda insights

Don’t forget there are people out there who still call imports “Jap junk” :ponder

Their mentality of 350 this, OHV that, leaf spring the 3rd, will never leave, just as your mentality of Kia/Huindai being junk won’t leave even if the company makes good cars.

the new genesis coupes are awesome.

god i love fucking with people…:rofl

your hybrid is a dumper

dont really care. it gets me over 60 MPG, and is fun to drive in the twisties. it’s saving me a bunch of money at this point, and that was the reason why i bought it.

:haha ME

As for the guy that wants to put technology 30 years back. I like Hybrids, and if i was gonna buy one it would be a Civic. Now where do you think your hybrid would be -30years of technology, Mr. Engineering?