Kitchen cabinets - anyone have a hookup?

So we are planning on remodeling our kitchen. I am doing most of the work myself. My question is, does anyone have any hook ups for KraftMaid cabinets?

Or if you dealt with any company, where did you?

PM me if you do.
thx.

Direct Buy members get large discounts on cabinets.
It is pricey to join but worth it if you plan on buying cabinets, etc.

Great thread! Because I too will be replacing my shitty cabinets within 6 months. And then the fiance wants new counter tops. So I’m giong to want a new faucet, and a 2-tub sink. Then we can’t do all that and keep the same old shitty linoleum. If we’re going that far we might as well… :hang:

I heard that is some huge pyramid scam, etc.

My kitchen isn’t gigantic, but we were looking at probably a $10k remodel bill when done (not including my labor). $5,000 for cabinets, $2500 for countertop, and $2500 for appliances.

Not very good reviews for Directbuy:
http://www.infomercialratings.com/product/direct_buy

http://www.ripoffreport.com/searchresults.asp?q1=ALL&q5=Directbuy&submit2=Search!&q4=&q6=&q3=&q2=&q7=

i painted my vintage 50’s wood vaneer things white with new hardware…
1000% better.
that, a new floor, new counter top, sink, faucet, and a home made bar counter thing…

i think the total investment was ~less than 2k.
lesson: never do subfloors w/o pnumatic nailer :frowning:

my friend does custom counter tops, but that aint cabinets.
he does the laminate ones as he makes them at work.
so, my post is useless :slight_smile:

if you want appliances, i sell them.

PM Doc20th he might be able to help!

IKEA is great. You have to assemble to cabinets. On the plus side its cheap. Check out the website and download the kitchen planner

It definately is “high pressure sales” but the savings is huge if you are going to spend a lot.
Once you walk into the place you better be ready to drop $4000 on the spot because they claim you can’t join at a later date.
It may not be that great for your situation.
I am building a new home and furnishing it so I am saving tens of thousands of dollars.
The biggest savings is on high end stuff.(Obviously There is HUGE mark up on high end stuff.)
I must admit I am not impressed with the professionalism of DirectBuy but, as long as I save lots o money I will be happy.

I wouldn’t trust IKEA for cabinets…

unless you spend the extra buck on them there.

You get what you pay for. Good for a while- not a lifetime.

I went to Lowes, no special deals, but you can get 10% off with their card and pay it off over 12 months. My final bill was around $4200 with discounts and such for 2 kitchens in my duplex.

in for later… we’re facing the same project this fall. along with one bathroom in the near term.

Direct buy is all ascam period.Anyone with a brain can get similar deals if you shop around and not have to pay $5,000 to join.
A friend signed me up once for a call and they still call me to this day and it’s been at least a year.
D

Joe, my father distributes appliances, electronics, and kitchen cabinets give me a call.

Thanks Stairs.

I work for a cabinetry company in OP. We are mostly commercial, but are more than happy to do residential jobs too. We do cabinets and countertops all the time. What are you considering for countertops, plastic laminate, corian?

PM me with any questions or if you want an estimate done.

Oh and BTW… Jrex’s (Justin) dad works at Kitchen Advantage… not sure what kind of discount if anything he can do but he’s a great guy. Give them a call and ask for Rob.

Good info. Putting some calls out. :tup: