Kitchen cabinets?

My haggard old hand made kitchen cabinets are long overdue for the curb.

I’ve gotten pricing from Lowes. I’ve got an appointment at Kitchen World on saturday. Specifically I’m looking at the bargain end of the spectrum. I priced out doing it with the pre-made off-the-shelf stuff at Lowes and it came to about $3k. The designer put together a Lexus when I’m looking for a Corolla and offered me a $9500 dollar setup. Well as kitchen remodeling prices go that’s really more of a Cobalt when I’m looking for an Aveo. :rofl: Either way, no thanks. Starter home…

Where else should I be looking?

Kitchen Advantage, Jrex’s dad works there. Ask for Rob, although I’m not sure if they’re in the price range. Wouldn’t hurt to look though.

I remodeled my kitchens with Lowes cabinets (before I knew his dad worked at Kitchen Advantage) with the cheaper cabinets around $89 to $109 a linear foot. Still expensive but not breaking the bank. You’ll never find a cheaper “custom” made cabinet than the instock ones at Lowes or Home Depot.

Also, Home Depot has a better selection of in stock cabinets, I’d look there to see if any of those meet your fancy.

Ikea…

jagermeister.

what I mean to say is:

http://nyspeed.com/forums/showpost.php?p=661967&postcount=14

we got a pretty big selection at lowes and there fairly priced

:tup: for lowes

give me a pm. will chat.

I’ll do the remodeling.

Next year I got a side job putting an elevator in a house :slight_smile:

• 2 My uncle owns kitchen advantage,His names Mike hall. Tell him you know his nephew mike thomasulo and he should hook you up if they can.

Trust what Nikuk posted, the route Jaegermeister went can’t be beat. Where else you gonna find a complete Cherry kitchen set for $2000? I’ve seen them firsthand, and as long as you have the means of transporting them from Ohio, go for it. The only slight downside is that you can’t allways find “exactly” what you are looking for.

X…

Bumpin up from my kitchen project post. I wish I knew about KraftMaid’s warehouse when I was doing it.

Think I’ll have to post some updated pics in the other thread too :slight_smile:

I am normally a straight up Ikea humper. (Atleast for budget items.)

However, I would not recommend Ikea for kitchen cabinets. They see too much abuse. Maybe those Swedes have changed the last couple years… IDK.

I would never recommend their lighting ever again as well. Ugh.

The company I used to work for put an elevator in a house that this dude was turning into a day spa place around downtown. That looked like a bitch. So good luck!

I know the wife & i will be going there for our kitchen. :tup:

Ikea is a great choice for a starter home budget kitchen. They are virtually a plug-n-play system. Hardware is included and a 3rd grader could assemble it. All drawer slides are now anti-slam, whic is a great feature. I’ve scoped their selection over the past 3 years as a kitchen remodel is in my future, and plan to use them when my time comes. Great selection of different door styles too.

They’re quality isn’t as bad as you may think…if you’re unaware of what they’ve been up to lately, it may be worth the 45 minute drive up there to check this stuff out first hand.

BTW, I saw an ad in the Sunday Buffalo news. Mr 2nd’s will price match local competitors. Something worth looking into. Not sure how good their stuff is, but if you want budget…

I looked at some of the stuff at Mr. Seconds and and the quality was pretty bad. Broken doors and cracks in many of them sitting there on the floor.

I had kitchen world do mine. I’ll tell ya i saved some money by pulling the old stuff out myself and doing all the prep work. They just came in, put them up and did the counter and left.
They did my folks house too. Real nice stuff, and has held up well the past 6 years.
When we were looking for places to get cabinets i wasnt impressed by the Home depot stuff. Lowes wasnt open back then. The price i got from Kitchen world(installed) wasnt much more than i could order the stuff for.

find a contractor to reface yours? pay a painter to paint them? do they really NEED replacing? if you need the clear coat touched up and the stained freshened up pm me and i can recommend someone. if it’s something that not necessary to replace at this time i can get you someone who can freshen them up cheap.

if your a bit of a handy man, or just NOT retarded. Check out Mr. Seconds Bargain Outlets. They usually carry cabinets, have your measurements ready when ya go there.

Naw they’re shot. They’re old poorly done home made knotty pine warped pieces of crap. If they could be saved I’d save them, but there’s just nothing to work with.

I’ll be doing all the work myself, so that’ll help with the budget. I’ll look into heading out to the kraftmaid outlet and I’ll see what kitchen world can do.

Thanks.