Kitchen Remodel.....Completed!! Finally

im just asking a diy personal opinion like, have anyone run a new water line before? I was going to use the PEX type water lines. i was going to call a plumber in and also a electrican but if its going to save me a couple hundreds why not do it myself.

i will try to get a picture up tonight. there is already a junction box there. pictures will save us a alot of time

already start it, no turning back now and this project is has alot more bang for the buck so that why im doing it.

None of what you’re talking about is hard. I’ve not used the PEX stuff; I’ve always just done copper piping sweat together.

the water pipe currently looks like its 1" galvanized pipes

Well, you hacked together cars, I can’t see why I thought you’d approach your home differently.

I made you a new sig:

No More Car Ricing…All House Rice now

wait was his car the mustang w a computer in the dash and the wild body work?

yes

Unless you are VERY knowledgeable on building houses, or you have a close friend that is knowledgeable, give up on removing the wall and work with what you have.

The advice you get here is NOT enough to do this safely.

thanks for the lovely input…

not removing the complete wall making a bar top opening half way up the wall.

i have someone knowledgeable coming tomorrow :slight_smile: some hopefull there is some insight.

my theory…is you will never learn anything if you dont try.

exampe: you dont just hop on a bicycle and instantly know how to ride.

Lol, but if you fall off the bicycle it doesn’t kill your family.

lol your right…but

how does rerouting 2 water lines would create this risk?

and if your talking about the wall removal…i already had a architectual engineer come by and see if its load bearing…and they said its a non-load bearing wall but just to be safe put up a header like other have said on the board. which will be in place after water line is ran.

Well, i had 2 plumbers come by and give me a ridiculous amount to run the new lines…So i told them thanks for the quote and idea. [$700 to $1000]

So over the couple of day i went out brought all the new PEX Tubing and Fittings…with a grand total of about $150 in the material and tools.

Turn off the main water supply, got some pipe cutter, and brute force. I cut the galvanized pipes…took them out. Rain new PEX Lines [ which is very DIY Friendly] I love this new shit. it works wonders

And it excellent No leaks with the crimps or fittings. ran 3 lines to the 2nd floor bathroom took a little fishing to get the pipes where it need to go but it was simple.

This all cost me $150 mind you and my time and effort.

for the price they quoted me, I remodeled my Bathroom also with a new toilet, vanity, light fixtures, kitchen cabinets, Countertops, corner shelves and some drywall.

Total Spent so Far $1000.00 to remodel both the bathroom and kitchen i happy with the outcome lol.

how did you buy kitchen cabinets and countertops for less than $1k?

i only brought 3 cabinet and the countertop were laminate because i just wanted to get rid of the fairy pink counter top that i have lol.

Where are the after pics?

Not to be a hater because you are motivated to do this but I dispise PEX so I must express my anger.

You get what you pay for. There is a reason it is so cheap. Because it is cheap to replace. Copper is so expensive because you will NEVER have to touch it again if it is done right.

I hate PEX tubing. Wait til you take your first drink out of those lines…Mmmm plastic. Not to mention those “crimps” you get, that are more like band clamps, are probably not the most reliable over time. ANYTHING that gets deformed elastically will eventually relax. IMO, those will eventually leak.

Copper is where it is at. I always redo plumbing in Copper and sweat the joints. I have never seen a house with copper pluming have any issues. Galvanized steel, that Gray plastic shit that was recalled, and PEX should never be used on service lines. Either copper or brass. Brass is kinda meh unless you properly dope the threads. Fuck that teflon tape. I am not even that crazy about compression fittings.

Drains are either Copper, again, or PVC. Steel will rust and leak or clog. For PVC, forget the thread junk with the little “V” washers. Get some GOD DAMN PVC glue and use fittings.

Again, :tup: to you for tackling it. Just trying to share some insight.

I mean when you put in an engine mount you always WELD that fucker to the frame, not crimp it.

yea, I’d have to agree… but… to each their own.

I was going to run copper but it meant i had to demolish my whole 2nd floor bathroom because there is no access hole to the in wall water lines…and no way is that in my budget. so i rain one a complete line with no break inbetween the stop valve for the sink until the bottom of the basement, so if it leaks there is no way it would be able to leak in the wall.

When i have it in the budget and i modernized the bathroom, i would run new copper lines but as of right now it does not allow me to bust up my 2nd floor bathroom

I dont know what yours suppose to compare that too but it would of been better to say this
When you put in a engine mount you always WELD that fucker to the frame, not Plastic-Mend/ JB Weld it/RTV/Joint compound/Anything of that nature it? lol

Why didnt they use copper hose lines? lol

I don’t think steel is available…maybe you’re thinking of cast iron??? Either way, PVC is the most common for DWV, but copper & cast are still required by code for some commercial cases (above ground).

Pex can be great for an emergency repair because crimping the rings on a joint with a trickle is easier than sweating fittings. It can also minimize joints (potential leaks) in a finished wall/ceiling.

Next time you’re at lowes or home depot, compare the I.D. of a 1/2" pex fitting vs. 1/2" copper. Tell me which will flow better.