Know anything about NC? Raleigh? Fayetteville?

I don’t want to impede! It looks like a nice building, and it’s nice to see that section cleaned up and not fenced in.

Do they employ any lab techs? IR/UV/VIS spec, NMR, gas/liquid chromatagraphy people? :slight_smile:

NC, hey we’re not that redneck ™

Goob, you know that Raleigh is the Research Triangle right. Medical research labs abound down here. Talecris,(formerly Bayer) Novo Nordisk, GSK, all the big dogs have labs here. You’re in the right thread asking the wrong questions. If you want to keep going to school, um, I heard Duke was good. :wink:

Pitlord, You should see the new Cleveland High School. The teachers might still suck, but wow, what a building. My fiance is trying to get in there to start a ceramics program.

NC- It’s more than just NASCAR. But there is a lot of NASCAR if that’s what you’re into. ™

how would, say, a girl with her master’s in early childhood education do down dere? :gotme:

I’ve loved NC ever since I road tripped from pittsburgh on cinco de mayo down to the outer banks. rednecks I can handle, and I like the idea of no salt on teh roads :tup:

Duke is an excellent school. I don’t want to go that far away for my undergrad, though.

edit: because I’m having problems with funding hahaha. :cry:

just got my first callback for a job :tup:

She’d be able to get a job just about anywhere, possibly even in administration. Especially good if she is National Board Certified. The bad news is she won’t make very good money. Gov Easley passed a bill raising our educators salaries 10K over the next 3 years to bring us up to the national average. Some Wake county schools are year round. I happen to be intimately involved in NC’s education system, so if you’re serious PM me.

Nope. An engineer, a CAD guy, some salesmen, a marketer, secretary, accountant, production manager, and some assemblers.

Yeah, we did have to clean the site up. It was a brown field/toxic waste site. We had to bulldoze off the top layer of soil because Wurlitzer used to dump their chrome on the ground there. I guess it got us a tax break or something.

Glad to see so much feedback on NC. I really think I might end up down there for a few years. I got another year+ to decide.

Cory (Auttiquattro not goob) and I just opened a raleigh area site yesterday if anyjaun is interested; pls sign up. :slight_smile:

http://www.triangleareaforums.com/forum/

ive been to cary twice. it was nice…
everything is “over yonder”
thats about 10-15 minutes away.

lots of broken down cars on the side of the thruway…

i still want to move down south.
the thought of southern educated little people is unsettling though :smiley:

any good IT jobs out there in raleigh?

im thinking about moving down there when i graduate next year. I wanna find a nice place in a suburb ouside raleigh. I dont mind ~30min. commute.

<3 budweiser. Ill be right at home :slight_smile:

[quote=“boardjnky4,post:51,topic:10016"”]

any good IT jobs out there in raleigh?

im thinking about moving down there when i graduate next year. I wanna find a nice place in a suburb ouside raleigh. I dont mind ~30min. commute.

<3 budweiser. Ill be right at home :slight_smile:

[/quote]

A ton actually; chk out:
http://www.newsobserver.com/careerbuilder/ and
http://www.worktriangle.com/

[quote=“SilencingMachine,post:52,topic:10016"”]

A ton actually; chk out:
http://www.newsobserver.com/careerbuilder/ and
http://www.worktriangle.com/

[/quote]

certainly; the more ‘yankees’ the better i say. :slight_smile:

I didn’t want to read the entire thread, so I’m sorry if what I say has already been said.

My two best friends just moved back here from living in Raleigh. They HATED it. Everyone was the close-minded Christian types, who would preach to them every minute of every day about the things they did.

Oh yeah, this thread. :stuck_out_tongue: How things change in a year… I’ve got a GOOD job now, have been accepted to UB’s Professional MBA program starting this fall, and my fiance has finished her masters and got a good job. I guess we’ll be sticking around. Oh well, with global warming being what it is, in a couple of years this place will be warm like Raleigh only without the souther drawl and neo-christian-NASCAR-budweiser-rednecks. Although I do enjoy a cold bud light…

[quote=“Silver,post:55,topic:10016"”]

I didn’t want to read the entire thread, so I’m sorry if what I say has already been said.

My two best friends just moved back here from living in Raleigh. They HATED it. Everyone was the close-minded Christian types, who would preach to them every minute of every day about the things they did.

[/quote]

How dare you talk badly against GAWD’s Warriors.

According to them I’m already going to hell… might as well really rile 'em up before I go.

ahahahaha

i just ignore the bible beaters

and enjoy the sun. why on earth would anyone ever return to buffalo.

[quote=“Silver,post:58,topic:10016"”]

According to them I’m already going to hell… might as well really rile 'em up before I go.

[/quote]

Didn’t you go to UC Berkley? Do people drive their SUVs and heavy, dirty German cars to Whole Foods like they do in Seattle?