Kouki Accident

Me and a buddy are driving to the store on base we pull in the parking lot driving slow and all so I stop because some red impala is beside me on my right in a no parking zone and I was about to pass him just wanted to make sure he wasn’t going to pull in front of me while this is going on buddy is reversing out of a parking spot with a military vehicle I sound my horn but he doesn’t stop and I’m watching it all little by little he gets closer I didn’t even think of driving away so he hits my door panel he gets out I stay in my car for like 5 minutes holding my head like I cant believe this happened ( first accident) anyways the guy was military and so am I and he was not supposed to be parked with civilian vehicles military has their own parking space and its military law that he must sound his horn while reversing and he didn’t so he’s 100% at fault so I’m not happy but I’m glad because I already had a little dent thinking to myself great I get a new door and all is good now I call the insurance company and they tell me in parking lots nobody’s at fault just fucking great so I’m guessing I have to pay for the door to get fixed and my insurance will go up. Can any one input on this because I’m not 100% sure what’s going to happen next if I have to pay for it all I really don’t know but what I do know is my kouki looks like shit……
http://img388.imageshack.us/img388/180/049mm4.jpg

coilovers will fix that… forget the door.

on the real though, i bet the door is fixable, but i cant see shit in those pics.

Sorry the pic is just of the car lol i think i have to pay the 500 on my diductable and the rest is covered but i think this is bullshit i was not at fault and i still have to pay

I understand that laws have been put in place and nobody’s at fault for the accident but besides that factor he was not supposed to be parked in civilian parking lot and by law he was supposed to sound the horn before he reversed and if he did that I would have stopped before is there anything I can do I understand its $500 for the deductible then after that everything is paid for but that’s almost a paycheck for me I want to fight this but I don’t know exactly what I can do the law says nobody’s at fault but clearly he is so I don’t know why I should have to pay a cent anyways if someone can supply me with some ammo so I can go to the insurance company with a fight

The door is not bad at all but I don’t want to fork over 500$ and my insurance will go up im only 19 so I can imagine how bad things will get

o man that was hard to read.

Sorry to hear, but if you play it right it shouldnt end up costing you too much. Get pics of the door first off and let see how bad it is. If its beyond fixable go grab a door off a parts car, any S14 will do. Put it on yourself, probably close to a 2 hour job and go get it painted. Black is easy to match.

In the end it should end up costing you no more then $300 give or take. Do not go through insurace, do not even mention any thing further and your premiums shouldnt go up.

Good luck.

ha, yeah, screw the door and drop that bitch!!!

who needs doors, weight reduction.

your insurance shouldn’t go up unless you tried to make a full claim. Just talking to them doesn’t do anyhting to your premium.

I’d suggest taking it up with the military branch the guy was part of, harass them until they take action, I know it’s a pita but it’s really the only recourse you have, tell them you will file a civil suit

btw a civil suit would cost about $500 with most of that going to a lawyer and the rest the various fees… but they will likely settle

you need witnesses and supporting documents/pictures ideally, the stronger the case the quicker they will resolve it

Apperently in Ontario if there is no personal injury, you are on your own for all damages to your own vehicle even if it’s 100% someone else’s fault in any accident. My dad who lives here got hit and that’s what his insurance told him.

Holy run on sentence batman :ugh:

Surprised some of you were able to decipher what he just wrote in his first post.

Just came in here to post this. As you were gentlemen. :o

Seeee?

Not using punctuation causes accidents.

Let that be a lesson to the rest of you.

my brothers a military dude and got in an accedent with i passat the passat had to pay it wasnt in a parking lot though sorry dude suit the bitch then make him pay for court cost