kramerbuccs24's Altima SER

Yea, Im a little confused on the dick hurting thing…

anyways, got my flowmaster super 44 on today :banana

but this is your thread

Most of the Nissan cats are pretty decent (unrestrictive) from factory, I would not recomend spending that much on a cat… you would barely see a differance on the dyno , use the 250 towards your exhaust.

Is that 650 a quote from chirs?

On a side not: Get test pipes made instead, sounds better, a bit louder and when inspection time comes, just swap out for the cats :ninja

hahaha don’t worry about it. Post up a soundclip if you have one.

I’ll give you a little diagram and you should be able to see why I can’t use the stock cat…

STOCK:

Header (w/precat)---                                                       muffler
 /               \                                                     /

VQ35DE ------ (<– catted y-pipe) --------(restrictive 2" piping)-----resonator-----------
\ / \
Header (w/precat)— muffler

What I’m looking for:

Stock header--high flow cat   ----(2.5" mandrel bent piping)------------stock muffler
 /                   \  /

VQ35DE }{ (((<—H or X pipe (undecided))))
\ /
Stock header–high flow cat ----(2.5" mandrel bent piping)------------stock muffler

The cat in the OEM setup is in the y pipe itself, and the whole point of going custom is to get rid of the y pipe and customize the sound the way I want it. I’m leaning towards an X pipe because from what I’ve gathered it should give the car a little 350Z rasp/growl, which is the epiphany of VQ exhaust systems hahaha.

Yes, the $650 is from Chris. The car is “technically” my dads even though I’m making the payments, albeit, indirectly through him, so he still has a final say in everything I do to the car. He basically said I can do whatever I want as long as it’s pretty much legal (you’re not supposed to mess with a functioning OEM cat, but he doesn’t care about that), and he knows that you need a cat, or in my case, 2, to make it meet emissions.

Maybe you’ve heard of Racingline Performance, they don’t make any parts for your car, they’re mostly newer Nissans. They sell a 2.5" in/2.5" out metal-core cat that flows at 578CFM for $116 (~$125 w/ shipping), which is fantastic, considering Random Technology’s 2.5"/2.5" flows at about the same and is $220 for a single cat.

The tints are being put on as we speak, I can’t wait to see it when it’s done :nod

haha Ill post up a soundclip later today or tommorow, i might bring the Z up to the valley tonight to get a basline for next year…

ill be lucky if I hit a 16 flat :lol :sleep

the exhaust soudns good, very deep, very very deep and loud inside the car, and from what ive heard from my father who just followed me home, you can feel it rumble in the G20… it still a little tinny sounding, ill see what i can do about that… some of it has to do with a small leak i have in the downpipe… and for a v6 it sounds good… untill you hit the 45-5000k rpm range then it screams V6

On 146 on tues??? Car looks really good meng! :nod

Probably haha. What were you in? I drive it waaayyyy too much. 4,500 miles in 4 month :wow That’s just around town too haha.

anyways…
UPDATE: 7/2/08
Got t3h tintz on y0!!!1

35% all around…

^pedocrewww

wow that looks relly good. and its not too dark either.

Thanks, I got it done by Danny at www.tintartist.com. Dan tints for Saratoga Nissan and also does a lot of artistic work, you can see it all on his website. He charges $200 flat for a sedan, and for the job he does it’s well worth it.

Looks good, but I woulda went alot darker is I was gonna pay for tint

Yeah, I know what you’re saying but I don’t want to draw too much attention to myself and I like the way 35% looks the best.

hahah this thread is mad funny

kramer this weekend were doin dig and roll races when you get your intake in. i still think im gonna pull on you but well have to see. dig race there is absolutely no chance but the roll races well just have to see cuz i got full tq at 1400 rpms but i also have to wait for both turbos to kick in (since were just rolling the stomping on it). we will see this weekend my dude

yeah i know you’ll rip me a new one from a dig haha. you need to bring your car to LVD and make a build thread on here.

UPDATE 7/3/08:

Got my Nismo cold air intake on, I know you all know what a CAI looks like but I don’t have any engine shots up here to begin with so here are a couple:

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff31/kramerbuccs24/22825bb1.jpg

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff31/kramerbuccs24/0fe24426.jpg
^The NWP VIAS block plate I put on a few days ago

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff31/kramerbuccs24/cf692e6b.jpg
^The VIAS system that was taken out, that TB-looking thing opened/closed a chamber in the IM, now it’s always open.

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff31/kramerbuccs24/f6665726.jpg

No more mods for a while, my next thing will be a $400 order from Racingline Performance, a front strut tower bar and my 2 high-flow cats for my 2.5" dual exhaust. That order, the exhaust, and a set of winter wheels and tires will wrap up this year as far as mods go.

I’m taking the new setup to LVD on Wed the 9th. I’m shooting for 14.200@100 with a 2.200 60ft, but we’ll see.

not bad, but 7 clamps for just a cold air? sheesh

anyways, what does that block off thing do?

:lol

Yo does you dad know all this stuff lol. What about mama Kramer? :mwahaha

The springs, shortshifter and intake were all ordered on my moms paypal and my mom picked me up from the tint shop, so yes, they do ::slight_smile:

Yeah I have no idea why it was in so many pieces, partly because it reused the stock MAF sensor housing, but that only accounts for 2 extra clamps haha.

The block off thing removes a valve/flap thing that opens and closes an extra chamber in the IM. With the valve/flap dealio out of there, the chamber is always open air can flow through there easier.

sweet dude, you notice a difference with the two combined?

Well the buttdyno says +480,000fwhp, but that’s mainly because its loud as fuck now. I think realistically maybe +5wtq +8whp, but I haven’t raced anyone before/after the mods yet or run it at LVD to know for sure. It seems to keep pulling 5000RPM-64000RPM (redline) rather than die off a little like it did stock. I’m basically talking out of my ass until I run it at LVD haha

yea dude, i hear ya.

13.9 @ 90? lol WAY low of a trap. 13.9 should be had at about 96-98mph.