KW variant II's Opinions...

^^^

I understand what it is like to have coilovers. Ive had them for the past year and half. I personally do not recommend GPMoto for thier complete and utter disregard for somthing called customer support. Ive left numerous E-mails and Phone messages and not once did they reply.

Ive had to replace not one but TWO front struts because of incessent clunking. Trying to get replacement peices was an ordeal within itself. I had to go back to the vendor that sold them to me and he had to make a PERSONAL visit to GPmoto himself to get me my parts.

I am willing to put in the initial effort to fine tune my coilovers as I had done with these. After I got them installed, I spent an entire day setting them up the way I wanted.

Snugging up the spring seats so there was no slop. Lowering the lower bracket to reflect my desired right height. Dialing in the camber plates and fine tuning the dampening. That stuff I do not mind.

Playing phone tag and replacing somthing TWICE I feel should not have been broken in the first place is somthing I don’t want to do again.

Im just looking for a coilover that will be relatively trouble free. I am a true beleiver that what you pay for is what you get. No more budget coils for me… I am looking for quality.

Another thing that irks me is that alot of the JDM coils currently on the market have rebound and bump hatched together. You CANNOT adjust these independently!!! This is the most useless adjustment philosophy ever. When you stiffen rebound you also stiffen bump. This is particularly why alot of coilovers ride like shit, and when you turn them down enough not to ride like shit you get a pogo stick.

I rather have JUST rebound with fixed bump.

Its intresting that you should mention DMS 50’s I actually looked into DMS as well unfortunately these are WAY overkill both in performance and price for my application.

The DMS 40’s have rebound and compression hatched together. This is somthing I would like to avoid if possible.

I stopped dealing with GP Moto years ago for those reasons.

Separate adjustment are available on some less expensive units, but quality often suffers in other areas to add that feature. There’s always a tradeoff.

See if you can get a ride along with the Jones brothers in their silver WRX at an autoX if they bring it out. I know they’ve been running a different car, but there’s a chance they’ll bring the WRX out. It has DMS 40’s…

I’d give you a ride in my legacy turbo with the DMS 50’s but the engine is out while my pistons get coated etc. :frowning:

-Mike