LACROSSE. wanna play?

i asked a couple months ago if anyone was in for football, and i got a pretty good response. but when i checked about pricing i was floored and could not justify the amount just for a lil organized rec sports.
doing a little more research i found sahlens sportsplex off transit on seneca. they dont have football, but they do have lacrosse :slight_smile:
they offer camps and league play…but only for highschoolers :frowning: they guy i talked to could see i was frustrated and said he tried to start a league for all ages etc, but the prob was only half of the people would show. we talked for a bit and he is a big lacrosse player too, and agreed that if i could find 10 people, he could prolly find 20.
what we arrived at was the possibility of getting the plex when we want. pay a small fee and arrange our own pick up game. he would still want people to show, but because it would most likely be a scrimmage scenario there isnt the pressure. and as they say “this is where we seperate the men from the boyz”

so, who would be slightly interested? if so…post some times of when you are available, and what days of the week are best. we will go from there.

BEST SPORT ON EARTH and i am going through withdrawl, so lets try and get it together.

joe

Yea im def in!!

Free pretty much any evening

edit: what about equipment? Would it just be helmet gloves type thing?

i am not sure about the equipment. i will have to ask. i dont see why they would care if you wore elbow pads or not since i dont see this as being full out stick checking…but helmet and gloves i would guess are requirments.

im in PM me when u have more details

In In In oh shit, going through withdrawl, haven’t played in a long time!!

fucking BUMP for LAX!!!

id be interested, but thing is i never played always wanted to, so im sure i suck - If anyone dosent mind helping a noob out…

Im in bitches

I might have to get in on this…I havent played since HS.

same here, i’d be in as well.

Hey Joe I would love to start playing again, havent picked up a stick in a few years though. I have a stress fracture that hasnt healed in my leg though, its kept me from doing anything real active lately. I know a couple guys who might be down if you got something together. I would come out to shoot around and pay.

BUMP (again) for LAX!!!

JoJo - I would be in. I bet I could get my Bro-in-law & cousin to join too.

i know i said all ages…but you are just too old. sorry, i just cant be responsible for your broken hip or depends leakage :slight_smile:

cool, ok, this is turning out well. i will call him after the holiday to see whats up

joe

I have a couple extra sticks for anyone that just want to try and learn a little, I hope that I still have my helmet and pads stored somewhere, havent played actuall game since freshman year of college when SU spanked the shit out of us.

i’d play, its actually the only sport i have all my equipment for still except for a stick but i’ll get a new one if we started playing :tup:

yeah i still have my stuff from high school, but i need a new stick. i’ll have to look into that.

i can string sticks for anyone if they want. traditional, mesh, hybrid whateva

good to kno! if i buythe strinking kit, hocw much would you charge for either traditional or mesh?

10 bucks.

i just went to e-lacrosse.com and got myself another stick and some string kits.

the kits were more than i wanted to buy, but i got a head for 25 bucks and a shaft for 14. thats silly.

so now i will have an extra stick depending on how much i like the offset of the new one. i hate offsets but you cant get a stick without one these days. does anyone have an excaliber they want to sell me :slight_smile:

great atlantic has some decent prices too.

um, lets say 10 bucks. i dunno. thats what i used to do it for in college its not a big deal.

joe