laptop Compaq charging problem

ok so all of a sudden my laptop wont charge the battery. i tryed 2 different batteries and it wont charge. when the power adapter is pluged in it says (plugged in,charging) but the percent stays at 32%. then i unplug the power and the laptop shuts right off like the battery is dead. the laptop is a compaq presario v6000. im so lost and have no idea what could be happening, any input would be great. thank you.

Most likely your power supply (the cable that you plug into your laptop from the wall) is bad

Try another power supply. If that doesn’t work you’re probably screwed because it’s something with the onboard charging system. Probably just a power supply though.

not the power supply i tryed a different one. just got off customer care with HP and they went through a bunch of quick fixes, nothing worked. there was a extended 2yr warrenty for this problem but im out of that too. they want $249 for me to send in my laptop to fix there mistakes when building the laptop. what a crock of shit.

I had the same problem with a compaq laptop, it ended up being the female end of the power supply(on the computer). The soldered connection was bad and was shorting everything else out(at least that was the explanation I was given). After it was replaced twice, everything has worked fine since.

Dbl post

if this thing was newer i would prob get it fixed. i mean it has a 80gb hd and 2gigs of ddr2 ram. im gunna prob step up into something with a 250gb hd and 4gigs of ram either ddr2 or 3. the newer studio dells are looking nice right now, but im not sure if i wanna stay that rought of go Mac

anyone wanna buy a good laptop that just cant go off the charger :stuck_out_tongue:

How much?

Take it to the computer store on Union Road in Cheektowaga, by Losson, heading towards French Road. Tell them you need to see if a different power supply can fix your problem. If so they should be only 40 dollars. I had the same problem, but it occured after I had installed an update for windows. I don’t know what HP said but you could try a system restore to 3-4 days prior the problem, That’s how I had fixed my problem.

So the laptop powers only with the charger plugged in?

Is this the original power cable?

Your battery is probably dead.

broken terminal on the power input… death of most laptops. fixed one just before Xmas, little solder action and back in service.