Lazylaser's 97 talon

Good stuff man, work on that 60’ and it should have a 12.9 in it… I know a few of us DSMers are plannin on test & tune this wednesday if you’re interested? Shoot me a PM or I’m sure there will be a thread on here sooner or later.

looking good man. I like the laptop mount haha. Its better than me throwing mine in the passenger seat.

ill be gunning for 11’s with the new talon, hopefully get to meet you and your evo buddy at the track someday

Nice job. too bad the video looks straight from the 1970’s

Lookin’ Good Dude …

:rofl: … Yeah the videos do look really old

I know, I have no idea why they turned out like that :rofl: it made me laugh too.
I have other video’s from friends that where there, when I get my hands on those I’ll post those up too.

well, I ordered a methanol injection kit today, with a progressive Digital Variable Controller.
I’ll see how tuning goes with that and keep everyone posted, I’m hoping to see 25-26psi and 18-20degrees of timing advance up top.

http://www.snowperformance.net/product.php?pk=8

Good stuff. Mine would be on the way if somebody would buy my damn suspension. You goin to test & tune tomorrow?

No, I have to install the battery disconect on the outside of my car before prp will let me race again.

I love the Hyundai badge, those little 4g63’s can take a beating. I just hooked the meth kit of on my Tiburon as well. Looks good!

ot, but whats the best alex ran in his mr2?

13.1 flat. best I did was 13.19

since alex’s run he uped the boost from 14 to 18.5 psi and is installing a new clutch and lightened flywheel, SO…

I need to get better at driving. and get the bugs worked out of my car, with that and the meth we are going to be a good race.

brotherly competition FTW

Glad you said that. I need to do the same thing actually…

yah I would hate to tell you hes going to win hahaha!

should be a good race though… tell him to give me a call if you get a chance I need some parts.

hey lazy laser. im doing the same thing. I’m running a power wire all the way from the alternator back to put on the killswitch on the battery side. If youdont do this then when u kill the battery the car will still be powered by the alternator : (. on the black talon (before the wreck) i had it mounted under the license plate so when i went to the track I just popped it off. It was easy as cake. Now i have a 1ga and the license plate is too far down so i dont know what to do.

I hit up the bad boys and bad girls event tonight at prp.
I had a huge fuel leak in the staging lanes! Once I got it fixed and managed to get in 2 runs

best run was a 13.00 @ 107mph

the meth is on now but I didn’t have time to tune for it.
SO
SO
SO damn close to 12’s. I can’t believe I still have to be a member of the 13’s club:(

Where did you get the Meth Kit from? Snow Performance? What stage did you get and If you don’t mind me asking, how much did you pay for it?

got the meth kit from demon motor works located in natrona heights (http://demonmotorworks.com/catalog/index.php) its made by labonte (http://www.labontemotorsports.com/store/index.php) who makes snow’s kits but the labonte kit is WAY less and comes with more upgrades for it.
if you see me up at prp say hi and I’ll tell you more about it.

here is the lowdown,
The ISG-10 from Labonte Motorsports provides a cost effective way to lower intake air temperature and increase fuel octane through alcohol injection. Designed for gasoline engines, the ISG-10 allows for higher boost levels or increased engine timing on pump gas. The ISG-10 is compatible with all Labonte MotorSports Injection Controllers and Monitoring Systems. Make the power you want without using expensive C116 race fuel !

the Boost Activated 0-25psi Methanol Injection Kit was about $370’ ish

here is video of the stutter box
[ame=“http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxmPwkXKUck”]YouTube - 2g dsm talon stutter box,[/ame]
as soon as I quit being a pussy and leave the gas to the floor inbetween shifts the “no lift to shift” should help me get into the 12’s

nlts is the way to go. good luck!

I raced last year without NLTS but kept my foot on the gas the whole time (2nd-4th)