lcd vs led vs plasma tv's

I personally like the look of LCDs over plasmas. Sharper pictures and and more contrast. I think it makes a better gaming experience too, if thats for you. As far as sports and movie watching, a plasma will be better but I have a window next to mine and it would of been horrible glare. Buring images is a factor too if you like to walk away. I work at an electronics store and do see it happen even on the ones with the “anit-burn” stuff which really doesn’t work, just a gimmik. Fyi, an LED is and an LCD TV, just uses LEDs as a backlight for better color and refresh rates. GL

Burn in is BS on any new plasma, they shift their pixels. Retention happens on every plasma and isn’t permanent.

I went for plasma, better black, fast movement, deep colors, viewing angle… Only down is power consumption and heat, doesn’t bother me any.

I’ve played CODMW2 all day long on my sammie 50, not even a hint of retention/burn in…

I would only buy plasma… Sam, pan or sony. I dislike almost every lcd/led i see in action outside of their blu-ray demos @ BB.

Probably my next TV.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Samsung+-+55"+Class+/+1080p+/+120Hz+/+LED-LCD+HDTV/9234303.p?id=1218068137461&skuId=9234303

I got a samsung plasma and sometimes during day watching the glare is a problem for me. GF had to get pretty much a solid colored curtain to keep out the light or else the screen looked like a giant mirror.

+1

I also love my Panasonic plasma! I have the 50" 1080P TC-P50S1 and for the price it’s pretty damn good. I got a GREAT deal on the TV and a Panny Bluray player ($800 for both with f&f discount, 10% coupon and 10% for using my Sears card).

Hell, even my insignia plasma never had problems with burn in.

PIONEER KURO ALL DAY SON

for real

led looks cool though but those werent out when i copped mine

Kuro. :ohyeah:

I am 100% satisfied with my Samsung LED tv. You should buy one.

I have a samsung 50’’ downstairs and it’s been great, I don’t game on it but my wife plays super mario and it burns in for awhile but goes away. I play call of duty up in my man cave on my 50’’ panasonic vera and have not had one problem with it. I plan on getting something bigger maybe 65’’ led, I like the weight difference and looks of it, just gonna wait till it drops in price first.

I have a catalogue from 2008 that has a 15" SONY LED TV for $2500.00. LOL
It is incredible how fast these technologies get cheap.
I think the main things about LED is that the blacks are true and not just dark grey and much lower power consuption. My 46" SONY LCD is 300 watts!!!
Plasma are good if you have no windows like a basement or theater room.

↑ not entirely true, my living room lets in a shit load of light and i dont really get a glare at all, I think its how you angle your TV as well.

Edit;
I lied, it does get some glare but I honestly never noticed it when the tv is on. see pics.

I love my 47" LG LED TV, colors and details are amazing. Hours of playing COD and the tv isn’t even warm.

Sony doesn’t manufacture plasmas, just an FYI.

lol, looks like your dog is about to shit on your couch.

I’ve tried Panasonic and Samsung plasma and went with the Samsung. I love it.

Also, don’t worry about burn-in. Newer technology has made it an urban myth.

LED TV’s fucking PWN.

If you don’t need true flat and are going for size what about DLP? People crap on it but really the only drawback is form factor and a $50 bulb every few years. A 65" LED would be leet but it’d also be eleventy billion dollars. You could pick up a 73" 1080p 120hz in DLP for $1500ish.

i currently have a rear projection and i do enjoy looking at the 80" set up at best buy however the wife wants a newer looking tv thats nice and thin so if i want a new tv she has to be happy as well.

I love my Samsung LN46A860. It cost a fortune last year when it just came out ($1700) but to this day I still get “Wow, that’s an incredible picture”

Scary, however, is that the LED 46" that was $3000 at the same time looked even better.

If they make a “cheap” 65" LED TV I would be looking at that over any LCD.
As for Plasma Vs. LED, I have no idea.

If you buy an LCD, make sure it’s the top make/model. My parents bought the “cheap” samsung LN46A550 at the same time I got my 860 and it’s scary how bad their TV looks compared to mine. They still paid $1000 for it I think.