Learn me about tdi sportwagons

Thinking about getting a tdi jetta sport wagon in the spring/early summer . What should i look out for . Its gotta be an automatic as its a daily and i don’t wanna shift or the wife doesn’t either.

I don’t know whats a better year than others , i wanna spend around 20k on it. I don’t know anything about them other than the great mileage . Whats the warranty like on them , should i get extended if its like a 2011?

Basically i know nothing about these vehicles.

you are a turd.

you sir cannot offer an opinion as you have gone through 3-4 cars you should have never bought in the time ive know you .

you won’t find one for 20k unless it’s a 2010 with over 70k on it… i’d be happy to answer all your questions you if you want to pm me some time… used tdi wagons are very rare fyi too… so keep an eye out for them when then pop up.

Almost every sport wagon I see on the road is usually a tdi…

Yup, alllll over Albany craigslist.

Personally for longevity I’d try and find a mint 03 wagon Tdi, even if it has to be auto with low low mileage. 01-03 are years for wagons with ALH’s in them

Who posted second in this thread?

This, and be sure to go visit him to talk about them because he knows his shit!

lol true…

you know i like the tdi sportwagons. Hope you find one broskizzle.

Own a 2011 2.5 Sportwagen and I absolutely love it. As Chris said though you aren’t going to find one for $20,000 unless it has miles on it. What type of commute do you have for work? I couldn’t justify the difference in price to own a tdi.

I bought my car through Chris and he was an awesome sales man to deal with.

henry aka hanstech

ill pm you

yeah same here

what is alh?

i go from Albany to Amsterdam everyday . 5 times a week. so all highway during the week . Sometimes i switch it up to some of 890 but all cruising miles.

What puts the sport in a station wagon.

I’ve never been like damn that’s a sporty tdi station wagon.

ALH is the engine code. Very stout engine that just lasts. Where the hell is Wayne he owns at least 4 ALHs in spare parts alone.

:rofl he blocked me

I think the post was deleted. I can’t see it either now but I can see his other post in this thread.

the old jetta’s wont be big enough for him. he has kids and those old jettas have one of the smallest back seats ever.

1 kid on the way end of march . First one.

and why are they called sportwagons , they are not sporty , they should come with 18s on them , gfx, more aggressive looks .

I fit my kid in my RSX haha I bet that seat is smaller than the old Jettas.

had my wagon and it actually wasnt bad. can fit two kids seats back there pretty easy. gotta remember the jetty wagons have a little more headroom than the sedans… like i said its not that bad.

totally regret selling my silver one! but yea thats my personal opinion, 03 ALH. best fuel milage, no fuel pump issues or any of the other issues associatated with the new CR diesels.

new ones are nice, a little bigger and look much nicer than the cheap looking jetta sedans.