Legal question: traffic law

I am having a debate with a buddy of mine and am not 100% sure he is right.

Basically he is telling me that a police officer uses their judgement as a first priority to give you a speeding ticket and the gun/radar they are using is more of a backup. I don’t think this is true because I have seen people get out of a speeding ticket because the laser gun was not used properly…?

I don’t think it’s first priority, but I do believe they are able to give you a ticket based on their assessment of speed. I’m not a traffic lawyer, what do I know?

Police officers are trained to use markers and time to calculate an estimated speed. This CAN and WILL stand up in court. They are ‘professionals’ in their field and based on their deductions you can be ticketed. In regards to using it before or after a speed gun I think that’s neither here nor there since you can be ticketed eiter way legally.

I know I was given a ticket once by an officer that only estimated my speed. I had it reduced nicely though so I never fought it in court to see how it would pan out.

Unreasonable and imprudent speed. I’m sure they can hit you with that just as quick as they can with a discon if you piss them off…

police are supposedly "trained to be able to accurately tell how fast you are going with in 5 miles. which to me is a bunch of bullshit