Legal question, yes about a traffic violation.

Looks like my license will be suspended soon.

Back in '03 I received a speeding ticket in dansville.
I went to my court date there was only a lady there.

She said they do not hold traffic court, and I I would have to come back.

I asked her If I could handle it by mail.
She was going to mail me the paper work and I had long since forgotten about it.

A year ago I did a record check through NYS and my record was clear…

Now I get a letter about a suspension…

Any thoughts? or good recommendations for a lawyer I might actually be able to afford?

did she give you a date to come back on? when they had traffic court? Or you just assumed you were out of the water on this?

dont drive a round naked? i would get a lawyer.

I’m going to guess you don’t have much to back up your side of the story in writing.

this will suck… I’ve been there.

Dan and his ville sucks it. I got a ticket going thru there too.

Wow THAT long after and it’s going through? this makes me think about a ticket I got in Bennington back in '03 as well that I never took care of… whoops.

The lady at the court had given me paperwork to contact the D/A’s office directly.
I have no idea what I did with it.

The “court date” on the ticket had me show up to what was a converted house.
It was a small room and there were no judges, lawyers or police officers. Just one lady and four or five others that were there to plead guilty and pay.

At this point it sounds like you have two options.

1. Plead guilty, pay the fine, move on.

2. Get back in touch with the non-court, get the contact info for the DA, and try and get it reduced.

Chances on #2 are slim to none after ignoring it this long. I’d suggest option 1 and take the higher insurance payments for the next 3 years as a reminder that tickets do not magically disappear with age, no matter how much you hope they did.

Yea, I called the would be court.

She is sending me all the contact info.
She said she would also contact the DMV if it starts to get close to the suspension date.

Tonawada tickets spoiled me :frowning:

i’d try #2 first what will it hurt?

god damn it i lost my sig!

:slight_smile:
It will be reduced to a “Failure to Obey a Traffic Control Device”

Is that the usual fine and no points deal?

Edit: i think it’s a 2 point violation.

Thats better than the 4 I was in line for.

I drove all the way there from Hamburg to contest a no front plate ticket. (I had actually lost the plate). Gas was cheap, I was bored, and I needed to go check out a car there anyway. It was pretty funny. The cop was there, and after we shot the shit out on the porch while he made fun of some guys trying to put up a tent, he said he would talk to the judge. She threw the ticket out because I drove so far, and she even gave me directions home to avoid the construction. Classic.:lol:

Time wasted and closer to the suspension date. If the court is this slow, I dont think you might get them to respond to the DMV and clear your license anytime soon.

The Dansville Court only answerer’s the phone on Wednesdays.

The woman I spoke with told me she would change the information electronically so
that My license will not be suspended.

I have already received my letter from the ADA.
He offered the Failure to obey.

lucky you they’re not going through with it.

It’s an 1110a which is a 2point violation. I had a bunch of those back in the day. Unfortunately I never got a ticket in Dansville, just all the surrounding areas so I can’t be of much help. Just call the court, get it reduced, pay the fine, show the DMV, license un-suspended. Will end up costing some money though.

The ADA already reduced it to a 1110a violation.

I’m thinking that it is highly unlikely to get it reduced further.

The woman from the court already said she would notify the DMV electronically
to avoid getting my license suspended.

Now I just need to find out how much its going to cost.